Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Why do I have so many face products?

Women has so many different products and let me try to explain them (and it is making me smile.. me out of all the people when I can't even explain myself properly most of the time. But what the heck, ha!) in the best way that I can. 

Facial Wash ~ is it a soap designed for the face only. As we know face is sensitive compared to other parts of our body. Using a body soap or a body wash in our face is a big no no. I love trying out different brands due to their smell but I don't pay much attention to their claims as it is usually for marketing purposes only. 

Facial Cleanser ~ they come in different forms and usually being used at night to clean the face from make up and other dirt and impurities after the long day. Micelle solution is the current trend of facial cleanser right now as they are the most gentle. But if it is not available in your area then it is okay as the market has too much to offer. Others love to use cleansing oil. Wipes. Rose water. Even toner is a type of facial cleanser too. Did I miss anything out? 

Toner ~ as I have said above toner is a type of facial cleanser too. You have to use it after cleaning your face with a cleanser to make sure that there's no more residue left by the cleanser and/or make up. It is believed to be restoring the PH balance of the skin too. Honestly I think it is just a personal preference. I always have a toner but I don't use it on daily basis especially on the days that I don't even wear make up. 

Exfoliator ~ product meant to remove the dead skin cells. The top layer of the skin. So we will have a glowing skin. But exfoliating shouldn't be done on daily basis. 2 to 3 times a week is the recommended use. But then I am still skeptical if it is really the dead skin cells being removed from my face. Because it does not look like dead skin to me. I think exfoliator is just another facial cleanser with different ingredients/formulation. But still I do so to pamper myself. As it feels great.

Scrub ~ it is a product with micro beads. It claims to soften the skin and open the pores (here we go again with opening the pores thing) so the active ingredients can penetrate the skin and promises to give a youthful look because of this. It is safe to use on daily basis.  But methinks this is the same thing with exfoliator just in another name. Again it is a person's choice is he wants to use scrub even if he is already using an exfoliator. If it makes him feel good then go ahead. 

Hope this little post helps anyway. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment