Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, June 1, 2015

Beauty Products and Cooking

It was June 2014. Exactly a year ago. When I started buying beauty products with lots of promises. At first I would purchase a one or two. Then 3rd quarter of the year I had been reading a lot of blogs and forums. I came to know about French, Korean and Japanese brands of beauty products. So at the last quarter of the year I was in full swing in buying different and too many products. I was semi obsessed, if ever there is such a term. I was attracted to whatever products I see in the internet that promises to make my skin as beautiful as a baby. Who wouldn't want that? Then came 2015. I still have the same condition with empty pocket and a lot of mess in the room. 

But out of all the purchases I made; I only have regrets with those skin care products with empty promises. But definitely I had fun with different facial wash and body wash. I don't see them as waste of money. People can live with a basic skin care and no make up but there's no way that we can live without taking a bath or cleaning our face. I had fun that I got to try different brands that brings different flavors or smell. Some are expensive and some are affordable. The only difference now is that I'm sticking to those affordable ones. Affordable or dirt cheap doesn't mean poor quality. While expensive wouldn't guarantee that it will work 100%. In just a few weeks I'll get a year older again. So I gotta save money than keep on spending them. 

Aside from being quasi obsessed with beauty regime and/or beauty products. I became interested in cooking, seriously. I had been cooking for the last 5 years or so but last year I started exploring other cuisine like Korean and Japanese. And to be able to do so I had to buy ingredients, right? A few months ago when I started shopping at 2 grocery stores in Karama:
*Dean's Fujiya ~ it is a grocery store that carries Japanese products. Located near Lamcy Plaza.
*Hanarum ~ it is a grocery store that carries Korean products. Located near Karama Post Office.
One word: EXPENSIVE. That is how can I describe the products at both grocery stores but cannot really blame them as the cost of living in UAE has become so expensive. For sure those stores are also paying a fortune for their rents. But in spite of being expensive I'd rather spend my money on food and ingredients than to beauty products. In beauty products I'll be buying the basics but on ingredients for cooking I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. In fact I see myself experimenting more in the future. In the next few weeks I'll be sharing some of the ingredients and food that I found from those grocery stores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment