Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, January 22, 2018

Do you still buy Korean products?

I was in Dubai Global Village last December and I visited a shop that sells Korean products. Did not buy anything as I thought they had gone mad. I know Korean are very popular at the moment but seriously? A moisturizer for 280.00AED???? I cannot remember when was the last time I purchased a Korean brand except that ones I purchased from The Faceshop during the sale. The sellers are basically taking advantage of its popularity that they forgot to check the prices of their competitors. Do they even know that La Roche Posay still sells for only 100+ AED? I am also aware of the idea of affordable and premium items but, but, but.. even the affordable items they are selling as premium! And I was shocked when being told that it's Tony Moly! Duh. 

Even The Faceshop I can see the huge gap in prices between Korean shops and UAE shops that I better wait on sale before buying something. So I do not know about you but as for me no more Korean products with this issue regarding the prices! Whatever I will be using this year are unopened products with expiry date on 2019 and 2020 that I purchased during sale. But after that or if I ever need one I'll just buy something else. I am just quite lucky that I can get some Japanese brands from Philippines like sunscreens. Gone are the days that Korean brands are cheaper than Japanese ones. It has been reversed now.  Puh-lease let us not compare about the quality though. Japanese sunscreens alone are simply the best in the world.

Keep on increasing the prices and others might just go back to old favorites or look for something else. I will be checking Mumuso this weekend though. I will get to see if the prices are doubled or tripled. I'm looking for new facial foam to try as I am experiencing dry skin once more. Also will see if the shop offers gel pens with 0.25mm or 0.38mm tips. If.. this shop again will be extremely expensive then it's really goodbye. Game over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment