Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, October 26, 2015

Victoria's Secret Haul Part 2

Didn't realized that my last post was about Victoria's Secret Haul and here I am again with the second part. For this month the shop called X-pressions at Safeer Malls across the UAE is having a promo buy a product (s) worth 200AED and you'll get a voucher worth 100AED. I'm not exactly crazy or a huge fan of Victoria's Secret scented lotions but then I learned that my younger sister loves the Pear Glace lotion and the price in Manila is insanely expensive. Since I will be sending a balikbayan box soon I decided to take advantage of the promo. But aside from the lotions you'll also seen three Victoria's Secret body mists and they are all for me. For only 200AED I got 8 products as can be seen in this photo: 
To be honest at first I was skeptical if the products the shop are offering are genuine. Usually US products are expensive over here. But comparing this to the other items I purchased from Victoria's Secret store in Dubai I can't spot any difference. And even the scent. Most say that scent alone is the biggest give away. So I take it everything I got are the real deal. And I have spent an ample of time reading blogs/forums on how to spot a fake VS product. Yeah they are all authentic. And as far as I know X-pressions does not sell counterfeit products. 

As of the price Victoria's Secret shops in Dubai they sell an item for 70AED but if you'll pick 5 you'll pay only 200AED which makes it only 40AED each. While at Safeer Mall each would cost only 39.75AED so you don't have to get 5 products to make it a little cheaper. And Safeer Mall just happened to be having a promo which I explained above.
I'm not too sure if Pear Glace body lotion is still available in Victoria's Secret shops in Dubai. I have seen somewhere that this has been discontinued but then I am not too sure. I also don't understand how VS operates as I am a new customer. I mean is what do they call this collection? Secret Garden Scents Collection? How many variants are out there? Are they all in permanent line? Are some just a limited edition? Why not all are included in their website? Even the body butters and I read tweets that body butters has been discontinued too. I checked their Instagram page but seems like they are focusing more on lingerie than their cosmetics. 

And even in their shops in Dubai each scent has an incomplete line. I mean one of the scents I like is called Love Addict. They have a body lotion but seems like they don't have a body butter and body wash. A complete line for me would mean: body wash, body butter, body cream, body lotion and body mist. And when I visited their shop at Mall of the Emirates I was a little lost and intimidated inside the shop. As I am not a fan of sexy and expensive lingerie. I don't like dim places as I have a poor eyesight. The shop has a huge space/place for the cosmetics. But these floral/fruity collection are nowhere to be seen. Especially the body butters. And as much as I want to leave a message or feedback they don't have a social media account for Middle East customers. 
These body mists are for me. I know said a thousand times how perfumes can make my headache worst (if I have it) but I can't help myself in picking them up. At least I can use them in the room as room sprays or at myself when my clothes smells odd (the downside of living in a small space). So far they don't give me headaches that must mean that they don't have a high alcohol content. And in the end it leave a lovely scent like a baby powder. Which I like.
And that's all for now. For those who are interested to purchase I was told that for the month of November Safeer Mall which have a sale. So Victoria's Secret products will be having a 25% off. That makes it 30AED. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment