Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Victoria's Secret Sheer Love Body Butter

Whew it's hard to believe but finally it is another year! It's 2016. New Year. But everything stays the same. My work. My life.  The lifestyle. And this post has been sitting in my draft since last year. This blog is an online diary of mine that reflects my UAE life and I haven't written anything for ages meaning I just get so busy that I don't have time anymore for anything else.. It is just all about work and no play. Well today's topic is about Victoria's Secret Sheer Love Body Butter which has been given to me months ago. I would have never known about body butters nor will I be interested if someone did not give it to me. Just too bad I don't have any photo of the cream and if I will plan to take one I know it will take weeks for me to do so. Let me just share with you what it looks like and my experience/feedback/review about it.
Victoria's Secret launched skin care products called Victoria's Secret Fantasies. The line has many variants so if you are not a fan I doubt that you'll get to know them all or keep a track on them. When I visited their shop in Dubai I think I have seen at least a dozen. Sheer Love is one of the variants and the scent is made of White Cotton and Pink Lily. The only White Cotton that I know of is the one I'm using in my face when I have to remove my make up. As of the Pink Lily for sure I have see this flower but it has been more than a decade that I can't remember anymore the scent it gives.

Victoria's Secret Sheer Love Deep Softening Body Butter comes in pink plastic tube. And the cream is light pink also. I call it simple but not so cutesy unlike Japanese and Korean products (sorry for comparing) ~ but then this tube is sturdy and that's what matters. And I love pink anyway!

As of the price it is pretty expensive as the tube would cost 70.00AED if you want it on a lesser price you can buy 3 items that would cost 145.00AED only or buy 5 items that would cost 200.00AED only. Even with those option I still find it expensive!!
Now for my feedback. Comparing it to all the body lotions, creams and body butter I used when it comes to moisturizing there is nothing special to it. Other products that I own can do the same job for less price. BUT still I love it and prefer it anytime. As of the scent ~ sadly I can't remember the scent of Pink Lily but then I just love it. As it is not too strong and it lingers for a while. The cream is thick that looks like a mousse. Looks hard  but soft to touch and absorbs by the skin quickly.

What I don't like about lotions ~ is after applying onto skin my skin would feel wet and so its uncomfortable once I wear my clothes. Sometimes it is making my clothes stick to my skin. Feels like I need a lot of time to wait for it to sink in so there are times that I skip putting on a lotion. Who has an extra time anyway? But it is different when using this body butter that I don't mind putting it on twice a day on daily basis. That way I don't skip on moisturizing my skin. I wonder how they have done it producing a cream so thick but doesn't feel heavy on the skin and I haven't seen any brand that is close enough to it.
So this Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Body Butter is my holy grail when it comes to moisturizing my skin. Even though it is expensive I was willing to spend that amount as it is comfortable for me to use and I love the scent as well. But here comes the sad part. Victoria's Secret discontinued their VS Fantasies Body Butters the same time that I discovered/started using it. I can't find any forum/articles that states the reason why they have done so. I just saw a tweet from an employee that said it has been discontinued. Victoria's Secret still have a body butter but in coconut variant if I'm not mistaken and I don't like coconut. That's all for now. Thanks for dropping by and till  next time. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment