Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, August 14, 2016

My Turkey Diaries: Fish Price

There are days that I was not sight seeing but it does not mean that I'm just at home and lying around. I was sort of doing what the locals are doing. But I will discuss that some other time as for today I'm too sleepy. So as I've said I am staying at the Asian side of Istanbul and it will take me one hour to two to reach Kadikoy. Everybody knows where Kadikoy is and you can ask anyone which bus number or Metro you will take. As Kadikoy seems to be the last stop for almost all the public transportation. 

So I went to Kadikoy to shop some more at Mango and try to look around for fresh fish and what I experienced baffles me. First of all fish is not widely available in the Hakmar or grocery store. Okay. Fine. That's the way it is so people just have to live with that. There is an area in Kadikoy that sells fresh fish. You just have to walk a little further from Migros. If you are on that area you'll need to walk a lot to explore and see for yourself the shops available. But anyway back to the fish and other seafood they are extremely expensive. So expensive that I didn't buy anything. 

Istanbul is a big city. Turkey is a big country. And they are surrounded by water. The water is clean as I can see. So where are the fishes? I don't know the name of the fishes that I have seen but a 25TL for a kilo? That's 32AED and it's no longer a food for the masses. It was painful to see prawns they are calling jumbo but the size is very comparable to my fingers and I have small fingers. And it would cost 50TL per kilo and that's 64AED in short seafood in UAE is much cheaper in Istanbul. As end result while I'm here I will stay away from the seafood. And maybe my weight will drop down as I'm finding myself getting bored with the food I am consuming. That's all for today. Goodnight from Istanbul.

No comments:

Post a Comment