Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, March 30, 2018

Shiseido Senka Perfect Gel Night and Morning

In Japan there are lot of shops that offer cosmetics and other items in cheaper prices than the main shops. Am I making any sense? I do not even know what  are the main shops over there haha. What I am trying to say is for example they have Don Quijote or Donki that offers cosmetic in cheaper prices. Donki is not the only one there are also others like Matsumoto Kiyoshi (it is actually a pharmacy) but then Donki seems to be the most popular among locals and tourists alike. I had been to a lot of Donki branches but my mistake was not buying enough to satisfy my curiosity and needs because as I was there prices seem to be higher only when I came back to UAE where there are no Japanese cosmetics on any physical shops that I think about Donki and their prices!
On the photo you can see that I brought with me from Japan Shiseido Senka perfect gel nigh and morning. I had been wanting to buy this since 2016. In UAE most of the Japanese cosmetics I have were purchased online like Amazon Japan which is not fun as the prices are tad higher than Donki shops and of course the DHL shipping is expensive too. With tons of restrictions. Like they cannot send Japanese sunscreens just because they contain alcohol. Now looking back and comparing prices (aside from availability) I should not held back in shopping. This Shiseido Senka perfect gel retails for less than ¥1,000 each and that is roughly around 30AED. If you will search the market any counterpart product here will cost you around 50AED if you are lucky but mostly 100AED and above.

Shiseido Senka perfect gel is an all around cream. One is for morning. The other one is for evening. Our skin care routine consists of serum, emulsion, sunscreen and cream in the morning. Just deduct the sunscreen on nighttime.  The idea behind this cream is that no need for you to apply 3 or 4 products. As it is already an all in one gel. Perfect for those who does not have time or lazy to wait around until each product absorbs by the skin. You know back in the day that my flat was full of clutter, I cannot have time to do other things properly. Instead I use the extra time to keep on cleaning. Now that the place is cleaner and neater than before then I just need to keep on mopping the floor. Then I now have time to do my skin care and makeup routine.

In short now I do not need it but then I need to satisfy my curiosity that I bought it. So far I tried the perfect gel night. My initial impression was I do not like it as it feels sticky. But then I will not rely on that first impression as it happened to me before. I purchased The Faceshop rice ceramide moisturizer and I hated it on first use as it feels yucky and sticky. Kept it for a while then used it again on winter and voila! Turns out to be a good cream. I do not know how that happens. Maybe it is not the cream but the condition of my skin on  a particular day. Especially that nowadays I do not eat fish as much as I should. I eat a lot of pork instead. So I will wait until next month to use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment