Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, February 9, 2015

Eau Thermale Avene Cold Cream Hand Cream

When I started this blog I don't have any idea that I will be writing about make up or beauty products. First of all I consider myself a make up minimalist. And I don't really have that much ideas/knowledge about those stuff. But then even so I find myself having at least a hundred items (okay I may be exaggerating as I am not so sure how many items exactly I have) in my closet. After all I am still a girl and I need to use them whether I like it or not.  So here I am writing about them on my blog that I thought would be some sort of online diary where I can write about my rants in life!

So today's product is Avene's Cold Cream Hand Cream as can be seen in the photo below. And I was speechless that my mobile was able to take a close up photo better than my Pentax Q7! I know I don't have a talent when it comes to photo composition after years of practicing so I am just usually after a clear photos. Like this one that unbelievably taken by the phone only.




Avene is one of the French brands of skin care products that I love and love to hate. I love to hate as they are very expensive here in the UAE. For example this hand cream would cost me AED60.00 in Aster Pharmacy. But then this one is purchased by a friend in Paris. Price was Euro 9.00 and convert that to AED it is around AED40.00. Plus she got this on buy 1 take 2. So this is what I am always saying that being a tax free country doesn't guarantee cheaper prices of products. And pharmacies very seldom goes on promo. But then that is the way businesses goes.

This next photo which is again another close up photo from the phone shows the ingredients for those who care to know. I care too but most of the time I am lost. Besides as for my hands I do not have high expectations. I just want them to be hydrated all the time. Dry and flaky hands are such a pain. You'll get paper cuts easily. Thankfully, they are quite readable:





My take about this product: as much as I love most of the Avene products that I am currently using, I am not a fan of this one. Hand creams are supposed to hydrate our dry hands and this product delivers. But then what is putting me off on being a fan is the smell. The smell that quite resembles a burning tyre or something like that. And this smell is so strong that I can't just ignore it. For this reason I will not repurchase.

Thanks for dropping by, till the next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment