Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Is there really an update in my minimalism project?

I had always been obsessed over the idea of minimalism. Well for me it means owning less earthly possessions. Owning only the basic. When you have less things it means more space for you to move around especially if you are in this part of the world where the prices of the rent is sky high. So all of us are living in a sharing flat. Sharing flat equates to a very tiny space. Having less items mean you have less space to clean and more time to do other things. But then this minimalism idea has just always been an idea. Achieving it 100% is a struggle.

I started this project around 4 to 5 months ago. There has been an improvement but then it is very little. Everyday I am finding something to throw out or give away. I am always making sure all my girlie items are being consumed and I am even writing an Empty Bottle Post about it. But alas I feel that it is still not enough. I am not yet 100% disciplined to really follow  the very simple goal in my life. So here trying to clean up the tiny flat everyday. And I got no one to blame but myself.

Before I went to my one month vacation last August H&M UAE was on sale. Imagine their eyeshadows, lipsticks and nail polishes for only 5AED each. In the guise of pampering myself since my birthday was coming up I found myself buying at least 30 nail polishes while telling myself that anyway it has been 5 years since the last time I used a nail polish. I know lame excuse. And with another excuse that I haven't worn any make up in ages and I should wear now before I reach old age, ended up buying 30 eyeshadows. Yeah I know I don't need much and I don't know when will I use them. That I am silently kicking myself now. Plus some lipsticks. See? For someone who's supposed to be living a frugal life and trying to have a minimalist life. I surely lack the will power. And regretting the actions I made later on. 

So is there really an update about my minimalism project worth sharing to encourage others to do the same? Except that I cleaned the flat thoroughly. I sent 2 sea cargos back home. Let us say that I disposed at least 300 items. Whether I consumed them or give them away. But then at the same time I managed to accumulate an almost 200 items once again. And it is already September. And my target date is end of this year. Will I ever succeed? When I keep on going astray. 

I will try to get back on the track. I will start all over again. I will keep on reading something everyday to have an inspiration. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment