Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, September 30, 2016

My Turkey Diaries: Beta Tea ☕️

Before heading to Turkey I read a post somewhere saying that the tea that can be found in the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul were dirt cheap. Well it may be years ago but not anymore. Most of what I found in the Grand Bazaar don't have price tags with them that I did not ask anymore. Well some shops have price tags on them but the prices are unbelievable. 70TL for a kilo of tea? Are you kidding me? No thanks. But on the last day that I was in Eminonu Grand Bazaar I found a shop called Beta Tea.

I went inside just out of curiosity  and ended up buying at least a dozen flavors of tea. 50grams would cost 5TL to 10TL. If you are living in Turkey you would say that it is expensive. But for someone like me who's based in UAE I would say it is affordable. There is a tea shop called Teavana in Mirdif City Centre where 50grams of flavored tea would cost 70AED and above. So seeing a 5TL for the same quantity is definitely cheaper. 

Besides when I was in Istanbul I could not find any other shop aside from Beta Tea that sells flavored tea. I just can't remember all the names but they have Goji Berry Tea, Cherry Blossom Tea, Chocolate Tea, Apple Tea, Orange Blossom Tea and a whole lot more. And I am loving all the tea that I purchased. They have given me this cute tea pot but unfortunately I no longer have space to carry it with me back in UAE.

No comments:

Post a Comment