Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Empty Box #111: CY Gabriel Soap 🌸

This post is supposed to be dedicated to my 111th product that I was able to finish. But seriously what else can I say about a bar soap? So instead I will keep on writing about minimalism. I had been reading a lot about other people's opinion about Minimalism last week. Well a lot of people are still opposed to the idea and some even said that it is actually anti-poor. But my thoughts? There has been a confusion actually about minimalism that makes some angry.

Normally people who are writing books or giving speeches or writing blogs about minimalism are people from first world countries. Meaning they do have money. So from being minimalist they can go back into the world of consumerism if they want to. And so some poor people like me kinda find it off because it is easy for them to say and do things, while it is the opposite for us who do not have many choices. Admittedly that is often times irritating.

But then if we will look beyond it. Those rich people are not actually the ones who invented minimalism. And the concept isn't something new either. For the longest time Buddhist people have been practicing simple living. Ever since the Catholic have been avoiding gluttony. We often associate gluttony for only overeating but it only means do have more than what you need in almost everything.

For Pete's Sake I am a dirt poor. Poor in a sense that I cannot afford to stop working as long as I am alive. But in spite of it I have so many items littered around the tiny flat. And even though I am poor I am not also financial literate that I made so many spending mistakes in the past. And so even the poor like me somehow need to really understand what minimalism is and how it can help us. But it is not compulsory. Only those who wants it. But then at the same time do no try to bite those people trying to teach or preach about it. Because at the end of you day is it your personal choice to do it or not.
And now back to the photo, I am really sorry that I am not a big help. It just happened that back in 2014 I do not know how it happened but upon cleaning the house, I found myself having 30 or more bar soaps. Aside from the body washes. I am trying to finish them all as you know paper boxes like this one can attract cockroaches. One of the reasons why I am embracing minimalism. To lessen items where they can breed.

It is a bar soap from Philippines that uses the marketing ploy of making your skin whiter. Which is a bullshit. A bar soap is just a bar soap. No more and no less. And intentionally or not I used many whitening products for me to know that those were all lies. Only your good old dermatologist can really help you lighten your skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment