Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

An unexpected surprise..

Monday morning, I woke up earlier than the usual. I do have a work but I told my manager that I will be late as I do have an appointment with the "embassy" in Dubai but I did not elaborate the reasons. The truth was it was an appointment with the VFS, for my application of Schengen visa for the Italy tour. The holiday that I had been waiting for since I came here in UAE in 2006.

25th of February they sent me an SMS and email saying they already forwarded my documents to the embassy of Italy. Today, only after 2 days I received a message again from them saying that my passport is now ready for collection.

Well, I guess it is time for me to give up another dream. I do not want to waste another money again for trying to apply. 296AED for the visa and 250AED for the service of VFS. Aside from the money, also the time. My special friend spent nights awake after working the whole day. Searching for hotels that will not charge a dime in the credit card in case we need to cancel the booking.

I guess in another day, I will share to the world my experiences in VFS. Not that they are bad or anything as it was my first time. So for me the feeling was quite different. But now, I'l just keep on fighting the tears threatening to come out. Remember, I am from a 3rd world country. I am just a regular employee. Single on my 30's. There is no way that the Italian Embassy will issue the visa for me in just 2 days. But at least they did not prolong my agony of waiting. They did not try to break my heart slow....

UPDATE as of March 2013: I was expecting to see the words "visa denied/rejected" but instead I saw my passport with visa for Italy for 20 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy that I have written another blog about it. It was very fast. So you guys want to visit Italy? What are you waiting for? Apply for that visa now!

No comments:

Post a Comment