Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What comes into your mind when you hear the word "OFW"?

This is the question that I want to ask to some of my relatives, neighbors, friends, to those NAIA staffs, POEA employees, to those people in the agencies, to the politicians, even to the kids. I don't mean to post sad things, but then I need to let it out of my chest. Because sometimes, I feel that PEOPLE see us as some sort of ATM machine. They do not even care whatever we are going through. What ever will happen to our future.

We are also human beings, working abroad because there is not much opportunities in our country. Working abroad, doesn't make us rich. Even if we do have the latest gadgets doesn't even qualify us to be called RICH. Being away from the comfort zone is bad enough. SO how much more of the things that we do experience everyday?

I'm sick and tired of hearing people that since we are working abroad we do have a lot of MONEY. People expect a lot from you. If those expectations were not met, they have the nerve to be mad at you. And when you are not going home for such a long time, they will think that you must be saving tons of money in the bank. It doesn't even occur to the that maybe you don't even have enough money to buy a ticket home :(

No comments:

Post a Comment