Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wish List: Turkey 💔

My stepfather's niece is married to a Turkish. She's been living in Istanbul for a year now. And I am so very happy when she told me that since I am in the UAE, I can visit her anytime I want. Her house is open for me. WOW. I know Turkey is a great country. I had been reading about Turkey even years before. So here I am this morning, searching my friend "google" how to acquire a visit visa. MAKING PLANS. In cases like this I love reading blogs, as thru blogs people who previously travelled will share their experiences from applying the visa up to what happened with their vacation. Duh, so far I was only able to read at least 2 blogs. And they are not really encouraging.

Being Filipino has down side. We do not have that privilege to enter a country without a visa. Or have a visa upon arrival (I experienced that only in Oman and Maldives). In getting a visa for Europe you can thru VFS (means no need for you to go directly to the embassy) but then in getting a visa in Turkey you must really visit their embassy in Dubai. And the time is very limited. It is only from 10am to 12pm.

In getting a visa alone can already be a hassle for me. I am working from Sunday to Thursday from 8am to 6:30pm. I have to ask permission from my boss if I can take half day or just take a sick leave for that day. It is okay if I will be going there only twice but what if they make me keep on coming back almost everyday?

Anyways, I will contact them and ask them everything I need to know. I just hope that they will be helpful. I am really interested to go since I won't need to stay in a hotel I wanted to stay for at least 2 weeks. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment