Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, December 1, 2014

Old Boy [2003 Korea]




I do not have any idea that this film existed, one boring night I was googling about good movies that did not came from Hollywood and a lot of people who are not from Asia suggested this movie which made me decide to see it anyway.

It is not exactly an action movie, but there is an action scene from the movie that was quite memorable. And according to Wiki, it has taken the director 3 days to perfect that scene. The movie is more of a drama. Shocking. I was even thinking what was the mind of the writer for him to be able to come up with this kind of story.

The movie started with Dae-Ho in the precint. Police picked him up for being drunk and when he is drunk he do a lof of stuff. That part was fun for me as he keeps on annoying other people who were in the precint with him. People come and go but the police is still holding him until his friend came and bail him out. Before going home, he made a phone call first to his daughter who happens to be celebrating her 3rd birthday. He woke up the next day in the room unknown to him where he stayed for 15 years. He doesn't know who his abductor was or WHY?

And his abductor set him free instead of figuring out why, he searched for him for revenge. Unknown to all him, all his actions were expected from him of his abductor. And he only has 5 days to figure things out. Sounds exciting isn't it?

Hollywood remake was done, but if I were you better watch the original first.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment