Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Victoria's Secret Haul Part 3

I can live without make up but I can't live without moisturizers (body lotion, body cream and/or body butter)! I have an aging and dry skin. Dry skin that sometimes can be itchy and most of the time gets paper cuts so easily. Been avoiding body lotion for far too long as most of the brands I tried in the past seems to be like a glue that holds the clothes and my skin together. Thankfully lot has changed with the beauty products after so many years (didn't know that they keep on changing on monthly basis anyway) so far all the brands I tested since 2014 were all good. It's just a matter of my budget and the scent I prefer. I was introduced to body butter only last year. Particularly to Victoria's Secret Sheer Love Body Butter. Body butter is the thickest body moisturizer and I thought this would turn gooey and yucky upon applying to the skin but I was wrong. Skin absorbs it easily and smells good. And I thought all body butters are the same so needless to say I tried other brands only to find out that it is not true. In the end I vowed to use only Victoria's Secret Body Butter. In spite of it being expensive. BUT I was informed that it has been discontinued as I don't see it anymore since last week of October 2015.
Victoria's Secret UAE keeps me updated by sending me SMS whenever they have sale or promoti0ns. Been ignoring their promotions since December as I'm not really a fan of their products except for the body butter ~ well I also like their body wash too but there are tons in the market in a much lower price. Not until I received an SMS saying that Victoria's Secret Fantasy line are available for 2 products at the price of 50AED!!! I will not let that chance go so as can be seen in the photo above I really took advantage of the promo (well as far as my budget would allow me to) and to my surprise and delight.... they still have body butters! I don't know how it happened after I was told last year that it has been discontinued. I just don't know how long they will still be around. I wanted to purchase all the body butters on their shelves but I don't have much dirhams to burn for it. So I just settled with this and cross my fingers that would still be some left for me to purchase on the next pay day or the next promotion. Even though the price by then will not be this affordable.
The receipt ~ can't help sharing it as the price is unbelievable for me. Can't blame myself as I'm a new customer and I don't buy from them regularly not unless they are having promos and huge discounts.
The price if it is not on discount. And I would not bother buying even one on this amount. Each bottle of perfume has only 30ML. If they don't have a promotion like this they have another option get 3 items for only 145AED or get 5 items for only 200AED. When choosing the latter that's 40AED per product. Not exactly a very affordable price range but at least a little lower than the original price. I'm contemplating if I will purchase body mists in different variants this coming pay day. And people who knows me will be surprise as I don't wear body mists. Instead I'm using them for room and clothes at home to combat the smell coming from cooking both from the flat and neighbors. Its either that or I come out of the house smelling like a food.
Love Addict and Pure Seduction are my other options aside from Sheer Love and if only money is not the issue I would gladly try out all the variants available in the shop. Over all I'm happy with my purchase. First as I got the best deal. And I got my favorite scent (Sheer Love) and product (Body Butter). Let's see how many weeks/m0nths it will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment