Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, March 28, 2016

Victoria's Secret Haul Part 4

Hello and good day to all!
I think this could be the last Victoria's Secret Haul I'll ever have. Almost the whole month of February they keep on sending an SMS for the promotions they are having with Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line. There was a buy 2 take 2. Followed by buy 3 take 3 which I was ignoring as I thought they no longer carries the Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Butter. Not until they sent an SMS that for the last week of February they are having a buy 2 for 50AED only! So I told myself why not check it out? I did. Surprised to find some Deep Softening Body Butter at Victoria's Secret Beauty Store at MCC. At the back of my mind they were having that promotion as they were about to phase out the Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line ~ well no one told me so and I haven't read about it anywhere. Just my hunch. As each bottle from the Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line would cost 70AED. And the current promo was at least 75% off. I did not listen to my hunch so I did not really hoarded big time! Like stocking up as if it is the last. And I did not visit their shop again at the first week of March. Not until I received another SMS again saying that they are launching the Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line in new packaging and the introductory price was only 35AED. Me thinking that they have new stocks or variants of Deep Softening Body Butter I visited the store.
 
Only to realized I should have purchased a lot that will lasts up to 2 years. When they were having a buy 2 for 50AED. Granted that I don't really have budget for it that time but I could have done something. Like use a card. Which is not bad at all since I haven't use my credit card since the day it was given to me some 5 years ago.  And if you are wondering why I am so crazy about Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Body Butter, I think only that company has got it right when it comes to body butter. Compared to other brand theirs is very thick but upon touching its like a mousse and skin absorbs it easily without the greasy feeling. And it has a long lasting good scent. Love the way it smells until I fall asleep. Their sister company Bath and Body Works used to have body butters too but it is too sweet to the point of sickening if I will use if often or on daily basis. There are other brands of body butters in the market and tons of it but finding one like Victoria's Secret will be a trial and error again something I don't want to do anymore as it requires money. And as of the supposed to be new Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line? The old packaging was only 70AED while the new one is 85AED. In Tagalog we have a term tubong lugaw as it is way more expensive than the US price. To think that it is tax free here. In the new line body butter and body wash are not available anymore. All the body butters I was able to buy from my last trip to Victoria's Secret Beauty Store: 
Those 30ML bottles of perfume are all gone. Those body oil and shower gel are all gone. There are some variants of body wash left but I can't bring myself to purchase a bottle for 35AED. So from this haul I just got myself 7 pieces of body butter. One is missing in the photo as I'm already using it. I didn't get the Amber Romance as I don't like the smell. But if I come back and its still available in the same price then I might buy some. Love Addict lucky for me is one of my favorite scents next to Sheer Love. As of the Total Attraction can't say yet if I love it scent wise but then as it is last of the batch I have taken it anyway. I badly wanted to visit other Victoria's Secret Beauty Stores in Dubai but this friend of mine won't take me there. Boys will never understand women. For them lotions and body creams are all the same so why bother chasing one brand when there are far too many available in the nearest grocery store? ☺My stocks would last up to this year end I think.
Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Body Butter
Love Addict
Wild Orchid and Blood Orange
Retail Price: 70AED
Sale Price: 35AED
Discontinued Product
Quickly absorbs by the skin and long lasting scent. I know I keep on saying that. And I can't even find write ups as to why this has been discontinued by the company. I wish other dupes can duplicate its consistency or is there a brand that we can call a dupe for Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line of skin care?
Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Body Butter
Total Attraction
Cherry Orchid and Lily Blossom
Retail Price: 70AED
Sale Price: 35AED
Discontinued Product
Quickly absorbs by the skin and long lasting scent. I know I keep on saying that. And I can't even find write ups as to why this has been discontinued by the company. I wish other dupes can duplicate its consistency or is there a brand that we can call a dupe for Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line of skin care?
That's all for now and thanks for dropping by. If I have a chance to visit other branches of Victoria's Secret Beauty Store I will to check out if they may still have remaining stocks of body butter but with the old price as I won't shell out 70 to 85AED for it. No matter how I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment