Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

WHY Yahoo won't let me open my own email?

Am I the only one who experienced this?

I have this yahoo account which happens to be my main account. An email id that I had been using since college. Email Address for all those important stuff. Work. Bank. Family. Joining raffles. Close friends. I have this account for so long that I do not bother to do any changes in the settings anymore such as choosing a question nor updating my mobile number. Why would they need my mobile number anyway? And besides, I can't remember anymore how many times I changed number since the late 90's.

I have this iPod touch since 2010 and people who have an apple device knows that there are 4 icons down on the home screen (music, mail, safari, videos). Under the category of Mail, you can add an email id the beauty of it is just one tap at the Mail you will be able to read all the incoming mails, reply to them, delete them, move them to another box, or forward them. The only setback was it doesn't have "settings" so if you want to make some changes in the settings of your account you have to log on at the website.

One day I tried to open my yahoo account at work. If you enter the wrong password a message will appear that username/password is incorrect. But then when you enter the correct password (I am confident regarding my password as I am opening this email account a lot) this is where the problem happened. That I know yahoo failed me. First it asked me to write the code that I am seeing in the box which I did and it was correct. BUT INSTEAD OF OPENING MY MAILS ANOTHER BOX ANOTHER MESSAGE CAME:

"You are logging in from a device we don't recognize. Learn why For your account safety, please answer your security question below"

And I was like what the h*ll it means?
I have been using the same computer at work for more than 6 years. Same thing even in my laptop at home, which I had been using for 4 years now. So how come that they don't recognize the device? Are they pulling my leg?

Security question: Where did you spend your honeymoon?
Added July 25, 2009

AS I SAID I DID NOT CHOOSE ANY QUESTION. I AM SINGLE. SINGLE MEANS NEVER BEEN MARRIED. How am I suppose to answer a question I never choose in the first place?

Second option:
We can send a verification code to your listed phone number or alternate email address.
AGAIN, I DID NOT ENTER ANY MOBILE NUMBER NOR AN ALTERNATE EMAIL ADDRESS. Means it is totally impossible for me to retrieve my account. THAT I HAD BEEN USING MORE THAN A DECADE NOW.

I even tried opening the website using my iPod touch same thing, they don't recognize the device. When the said email account is included in the Mail section of my device. How come? Tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment