Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Gosh Velvet Touch 162: Nude

Gosh Velvet Touch 162 Nude
Retail Price: 45.00AED
Sale Price: 33.75AED
Available at Beauty Bay/Centrepoint 
www.goshcosmetics.com

I discovered Gosh late December of 2014. Prior Gosh I was crazy about Mac lipsticks. I am not a make up junkie but I developed a habit of being addicted to lip products especially lippies. And Mac simply became too expensive for me. I'll try to buy if the UAE price will be the same as US price but that is just so impossible. So with my quest for alternative to Mac my feet took me to Beauty Bay inside the Centrepoint where I met Gosh Cosmetics. I was drawn into it because the sleek tube looks expensive. Price wise it's one of the most affordable brands I came across at the shop. And in UAE. Price was the number one factor why I have chosen it out of all the other brands the sales associate offered me. Well Essence is a different story. And they seem to have a lot of nude and light colors so I went ahead and purchased some. Today I'll be sharing you my Gosh in 162 named Nude and here it is:
Gosh for those who are not aware is a cosmetics and fragrance company based in Denmark. Their products are Made in EU otherwise stated. But I'm not too sure if this lipstick is made in EU as it is not written anywhere on the tube. But I don't mind. It does not come in a box. The middle of the tube is glossy where the name Gosh is embossed. And at the bottom of the tube you'll see the name name/number of the lipstick. The color of the paper/sticker correspond to the shade of the lipstick. I bought this one sometime in January during Dubai Shopping Sale means it has been sitting inside my dresser untouched for such a long time. 
There's a very slight difference between the photo and the actual lipstick and believe me it has been my long time frustration in taking photos as I wanted my photos to be exactly the same color with the objects as much as possible and I'm trying to work on that. But anyway without swatching it and by just looking at the lipstick the color looks like pinkish brown and I think the name Nude just suits it perfectly.
Here's the swatch. 
And another swatch. Gosh Velvet Touch 162 Nude in color looks like pinkish brown but leaning more into brown but when swatch you'll see it more of a peach. Sadly photos did not really do justice. This is nay for me. But just because it does not work for me does not mean that Gosh is a bad lipstick. I love Gosh lipstick. But this shade does not suit me. And I purchased it at the time that all I know was I want nude lipsticks but do not know yet how to choose one based on my skin tone and/or lip pigmentation. That being said I have quite a few epic fail lipsticks in my drawer. But at least now I know better.

Gosh lipstick is creamy and glides on smoothly but you have to be careful as it breaks easily. It happened in one I owned just because I put on a little pressure while applying it on my lips. That's all for now. I'll be back again with another Gosh Lipstick post. Thanks for dropping by and feel free to visit my page again and/or leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment