Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, September 24, 2015

My ADVANCE day off and Footwear!

Thursday... And I am calling it advance day off because next week Saturday is supposed to be HOLIDAY and at the same time my normal OFF DAY. But then since the new manager decided that in spite of us achieving the target last month and will be able to achieve the target again this month, the best reward will be taking away our off day next week! With no plans of giving us an off set the following week or the next month. As in NADA! Officially we don't have work today because of the holidays but for me this is already rest day that will be taken away from us next week. And yes I am aware that with my way of writing I'm just going back in circles. Explaining the same thing huh! I'm sorry but I have to rant about it through blog. Through writing to let it off my chest. But at least today I feel much better than yesterday. It sucks that I won't be able to go out but at least I was able to enjoy myself in little ways. So it is not wholly a rant post. A mixture of a little rant and a little happiness. Life is one big drama so one must find happiness even in little ways. 

Yesterday afternoon until today I was able to catch up on watching the current teleserye in the Philippines called On The Wings Of Love. I'm just currently downloading the episode 32 and 33. Haha. Watching the series somehow makes me 'kilig' again. And I can say that it can compete with Koreanovela that the whole world goes gaga for. It has an element of drama but not so heavy. With a bit of comedy. Pacing is fast enough. And some scenes are in line with the current trends/situation. Like the Balikbayan Box issue. I think all Filipinos all over the world knows about this one. If I am not mistaken when Jig's mother came out as a lesbian it was also during the time that the same sex marriage has been approved in the USA. How they portray the lives of OFW's and their families back home is something almost all us can relate. That I find myself crying in some scenes when they were not even crying. Meaning it really touched me. It hit a nerve. I really hope they can sustain it until the end and if the story can't really go farther then finish it off rather that drag it. This is not your usual rich guy meet the poor girl ploy. 

And the lead stars James Reid and Nadine Lustre. I know they are not dating in real life but they have this strong chemistry. I would really love to see them grow as an artists. And have a longevity in their showbiz lives. And after this I hope to see them again in another series. And that's it for now as if I don't want to end up telling the whole story as I know some people/friends/colleagues who haven't seen it yet and I'm convincing them to give it a try. Even if I have to give them a copy of it. 

You pretty much have an idea now how my 2 days passed by. Haven't been able to shop items that I need like my current favorite snack Nutella On The Go or even bring my uniform to the laundry. I will be able to go out tonight just because I'm done watching. Because if there are still available episodes on my laptop I don't think I can have the willpower to move my arse from the bed. And speaking of footwear I realized that compared to 3 or 4 years ago I don't buy much of footwear anymore. These 3 pairs I have are purchased months ago. The wedge one is more than a year old but haven't got the chance to wear them. All are Brazilian brands of shoes and you can trust them. They are affordable (on sale I don't buy when there's no discount) and lasts for years.
I used to be some sort of shoe collector having too many pairs of high heels in my shoe cabinet. But then things changed. I don't have my own family yet but when I set my goal of leaving this place for good I know that I must save all the money I have. And when I do love for shoes is one of the things I let go of. Also at this point of my life and the current situation over here even if I'm not a shopaholic I feel that money is very hard to manage more than ever. So hard that I can't even bring myself to use these new babies. As I doubt I'll be able to afford a new one in the future. Not being pessimistic more on realistic. 

Need to go now. Hopefully one of these days I will be able to tell more about my life here in the desert and why I always say that life is very hard. Or do I still need to do that? I think in my previous posts I always say how salary is not align with the prices of the rent. Also I will try to take other photos of the shoes so I can post them again. Although I haven't much to say except the quality is really good. I would not be vouching for it if quality sucks. Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment