Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, September 18, 2015

Gosh Velvet Touch 164: Adorable

Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick 164 Adorable
Retail Price: 45.00AED
Sale Price: 33.25AED
Available at Beauty Bay/Centrepoint
www.goshcosmetics.com

This is not a lipstick blog but I'll be posting another lipstick today as lipstick is my current addiction since late 2014 and not too sure if this will go away soon. But then even so I buy only those I can afford and if I don't really have an extra budget I don't buy at all even though I'm dying to have a new shade/brand. Today's lipstick post is about Gosh Velvet Touch 164 Adorable and I had it since January 2015. I purchased it during the Dubai Shopping Festival or DSF. And I wonder if the in the coming DSF I will still be able to shop for items that I love. 

I know this post is supposed to be for the lipstick only as the title suggests but at the same time I can't help but share tidbits about my UAE life (hoping others planning to move here can at least have ideas about life here) I may not be able to purchase lipsticks again not because I don't want to but I'm dreading about the price of goods in the coming months as you know there has been a price oil increase that started last August. So this might be the last year/months that I'll be having lipstick posts. It's hard nowadays to stretch the budget even with basic needs like food. Oh well that's life. What to do yani. But back to my Adorable lipstick the shade is bright pink. 
Photo was taken during my lunch break so there was still sunlight from outside but it's not going through the room and I can't open the door as the terrace is one big mess. Not much space inside the room that we have to use it as a storage. And once again not much time to practice. Above photo I used the Automatic mode of my Sony Alpha 600 while the next photo was taken using the Aperture mode. 
Gosh for those who are not aware is a Danish brand of make up. In the UAE it is available at Beauty Bay and/or Centrepoint. I had some extra bucks back then and I wanted an affordable lipstick and that led me to Gosh. Gosh lipsticks are the creamiest lipsticks I own. They are moisturizing. Does not dry out my lips. But the down side of being this creamy is I have to take a very good care upon applying as compared to other brands I have this brand breaks so easily. I only have 11 shades. Bought them without swatching first so as a result only few are quite decent enough on me. 
Took a photo of it at every corner of the room hoping to capture its beauty and color perfectly and this is the best shot I got. It is a bright pink that I thought I can rock it. But I was wrong and the last two photos are the swatches to give you an idea. Still working on how to take my selfie photos wearing it. Taking a selfie should be effortless nowadays but it is one of the talents that I lack.  
Those who loves pink will surely love this. I can't say that this will look good more in women with fair complexion or not. I mean it I can't say that it will suit best a woman with a certain complexion as I had been seeing women Filipinas who have the same complexion with me rocking this color. [BTW, I heard that this brand is now available in the Philippines and in spite of it being a European brand this is one of the most affordable out there. Yes it is still available even if the amount is converted to Philippine Pesos]. But I don't feel good with it. What I do with other lipstick colors that I don't like is I blend them with others. As to not waste them. You know money is hard to come by.  
And that's it for today. Thank you for dropping by to my page. Feel free to leave a comment just please don't be rude. 

PS. Now the Aldub Fever has caught me. And I see this Yaya Dub most of the time rocking the red lips. I used to love red lips for a brief time some 2 years ago and because of her I find myself reaching for the red lipsticks I own. Just too bad that I can't wear them at the office. I'm working in Automotive company and it is a male dominated industry I'm getting conscious as some are teasing me. It is not hard for them to notice it as I don't usually wear make up in the office let alone a red lipstick. Been wearing nude lipsticks that they don't even know that I'm wearing any. One of these days I'll post about the red lipsticks I have. Have a great day everyone while I try to watch some KalyeSerye via FB!

No comments:

Post a Comment