Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Essence Makeup Haul Part 2

Essence is a makeup brand from Germany and products are made in various countries in Europe like Germany, Italy and Poland. In the UAE market Essence is the cheapest drug store make up brand you'll ever see. Way back in 2009 it used to be available in Carrefour Mirdif City Centre. But back then I was not yet a lipstick or lipgloss junkie. I was a nail polish junkie. Rocking those long nails and so Essence was my favorite brand of nail polish. Mainly because it is the most affordable I could find. As of the quality? One of the best brands I ever used. When I was a  nail polish junkie I had different brands of nail polish. One day I'll write a separate post about it. Women have to know that they have an alternative. 

Don't know what happened but one day Essence left Carrefour MCC. I did not bother to find out why as when I started learning how to cook and bake long nails get in the way so I had to give it up as well as the nail polish. Giving up nail polish was also a way for me to save some money. Fast forward 2014. Slowly I became interested in makeup mainly in lip products. Favorite brand is MAC. Followed by Une and Gosh this year. But the issue is my economic status cannot sustain the prices of these brands. So I had to look for alternatives. Where I can buy a lot without leaving a huge dent on my bank account. That's where Essence came to the picture.

2015. I'm glad that I have an Instagram account. I don't share a lot of photos over the 5 years that I have the account. But I am active into checking various photos. I came across of some Essence make up photos by some women in UAE. That's how I found out that Essence make up indeed is very much available in the UAE. But this is not a popular brand in spite of the country's huge market for make up. Women seems to be in favor of more expensive brands that Essence goes unnoticed. I can't even find it in blogs, social networks and forums in this country. How I envy those women at times. It seems to me that they have unlimited source of money or have a high paying job to be able to afford everything. *Self Pity* mode.

Essence used to be available in Exquisite. A small boutique of make up and perfume. I visited their branch at Times Square Dubai but unfortunately they don't have it anymore. Exquisite Ajman still have some stocks left but the sales lady informed me that soon they'll remove Essence from their store. I found Essence unexpectedly at Carrefour Express in Oasis Mall. Where I least expect it. One Friday I went there just to kill time while waiting for someone. Also another place that Essence make up is still available is at IBN Battuta Mall. Prices for both shops are the same. But the downside is both shops of Essence are quite incomplete. Very limited choices. Could it be a lot of people purchased that they run out of stocks or they are just waiting for stocks to finished and they'll close down soon? I'll try to ask next time. And I know there will be next time as I'm planning to buy more items not only for me but also for love ones in Philippines. Sorry for the very long introduction but here are the photos and prices of the Essence products I purchased. Photos that I have for like at least 2 to 3 minutes in the morning :)
Most the items I purchased from Carrefour Express in Oasis Mall. While the rest are from Geant in IBN Battuta Mall. I will definitely come back in Carrefour Express for more but not to sure at Geant it is simply very far away from my place. Essence Soo Glow Highlighter retails for only 15.00AED so I got myself both colors. While I got only one I Love Nude Eyeshadow for the price of 14.00AED. I am not exactly crazy for eyeshadow and this is an Essence product that can be a hit or miss.
All these lipglosses are from Carrefour Express in Oasis Mall. As they have more choices compared to Geant of IBN Battuta Mall. As of the prices: Essence XXXL Nude Lipgloss costs only 11.00AED. While Essence XXXL Long Lasting Lipgloss costs only 19.00AED.
This is the most expensive lip product in Essence. Not too sure how many colors available for this line. But I have chosen this two as they are neutral colors. I would love to get more shades from this line.
So far I have read too many blogs praising these colors of Essence XXXL Long Lasting Lipgloss. Not a bad choice after all. Will post swatches as soon as I can.
And the colors I got for Essence XXXL Nude collection:
02 Blush Ivory
05 Soft Whisper
05 Just Nude
06 Soft Almond
01 Shy Beauty
And from the 'I Love Nude' line of Essence. There are 5 shades available but I got myself these 3 only. I don't think the remaining 2 will suite me. The 3 remaining lipsticks from the first photo I think are from the permanent collection of Essence. And before I forget price is only 12.00AED each. Isn't it a steal?
And more lipsticks! Not sure if they are in a permanent line and if yes what is the line called. But I got these lippies because they are neutrals. And so I believe they will look good on me without swatching them first.
And that's all for now. Will get some more face products then hopefully that will be the last of it.. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment