Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Always Running After Time

Did I use a correct term in my post title? Well this is not a rant post. I just want to write it down. I was hesitant for a long time as some people who might stumble upon this blog might perceive it as bad mouthing my company or the country I am in. And I don't have any intentions to do so. I put up this blog as my online diary. That's why one of my tags  is 'Chronicles Of My UAE Life'. About my life and lifestyle here as an expat in the Middle East. As well as practice in writing in English too.

Okay to start with I need to wake up at least before 7:00am and I know I am such a lucky bastard as a lot of people has to wake up earlier than that and worst has to drive. I know that driving on daily basis in long hours will eventually exhaust you after many years. I need to be at work at 8:00am. We do have a lunch break for only one hour. Again I am lucky to be living near the office. Not all the people I know have that luxury. Then work finishes at 6:30pm. We do have 2 days off in a week. But in spite of it all I still find myself always running after time. Meaning the time left for me outside work seems like still not enough. Most of the time I feel like I am living so I can work. Not the other way around.

Please don't judge me. I am perfectly aware that if it is hard for me how much more for other people especially those who has to travel going and coming from work. Believe me I see and heard too much. I just can't comment as there's nothing I can also do about them. I am not exactly a lazy person. In fact there are so many things I do aside from work. There are so many things that I still want to do. But I just can't find time to do them all. I have given up learning how to bake years ago. Baking time is a not a problem but preparation takes time. 

Sometimes I wish there will be a train that connects all the emirates but I know that will never happen. Each emirates has their own government. That is how I understand it. It is like each emirate is a country itself. So who will exactly fund those trains that will be connecting them all? I am wishing that so it will be less hassle for those who has to travel. And also will lessen my travel on weekends. Weekends when I have to go to Dubai. The main emirate. To shop. For those who read some of the posts I have written before will understand my wish about this one. Imagine a bullet train. Maybe I won't need to go in Dubai on weekends also for grocery items. Maybe I can do that on weekdays too! But that is only in my dream.

Seems that everything is in Dubai only. And it is understandable as that is the main emirate in this country. That is the place where tourists go. I know Abu Dhabi is the capital but then that is a different story. So naturally almost everything someone needs will be there and they will not be in other far away emirates. I always shop at Daiso. The biggest and almost complete Daiso is in Dubai. We shop food and other items at Carrefour. Biggest and almost complete Carrefour is in Mirdif City Center which is also in Dubai. During winter almost on weekly basis I was in a Korean and Japanese Grocery Stores. Both of those stores are located only in Karama which again is in Dubai. Want to buy an ingredient or product from Thailand, Vietnam or Sri Lanka? Try groceries in Dubai for sure a handful of them will have those.

Just an example. One Friday. Woke up 8:00am. Had a coffee. Took a bath. Prepared myself then headed to Dubai. First stop: one grocery shop and bought some Thai items. Second stop: Daiso. Third stop: Japanese Grocery Store. Fourth stop: Korean Grocery Store. Headed to mall to eat. Then grocery. Then went home. Watch a TV. Had a dinner. Night is over. If only I could just buy everything I need for the whole year to lessen the shopping time. But I can't. I don't have a fund to do so. And also I can't bring them all. Plus food items has expiration date. The flat is small. Kitchen is small. Freezer of fridge is small. And I am only talking about food and some household items.

Since January this year I'm always checking out stores that have discounted items. Shopping for clothes usually takes me forever too. Not because I have an overflowing money. That I can buy everything and the whole store! Takes time as I need to find something which is within my budget. Like a 15.00AED shirt. To find the best deal you must spend time checking out the stores painfully one by one. 

Too many books waiting for me to read them. Too many songs I must listen too. Too many movies I can't wait to watch. Too many recipes I'm dying to cook. Baking. I miss baking. But the floor need to be clean everyday. Dishes have to be washed everyday. Clothes have to be washed everyday. Washed clothes needed to be hang everyday and fold afterwards. I can't afford on weekdays to cook something that will take time. I need everything quick. Photography. Maybe I will be able to practice you when I am old and gray and have all the time in the world. Right now I can take photos but only for a few minutes. Nothing more. 

I'm sorry if this is a negative and depressing post. I just need to let it out. Since there's no one I can talk to about it. That's why I am still dreaming of moving to another country in the west. Maybe I will be experiencing the same. I will always still run after time. But then I will be running after time in a different environment. With a cool climate. Well me and my dreams..

No comments:

Post a Comment