Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Goodbye, July! 👋

I can't think about any appropriate title but since it is the last day of July and so thats it! Did I mention that Bath and Body Works UAE has a second part of Semi Annual Sale? It started last week and I'm not sure when exactly it will end but this sale is just so and so. Most of the scents/products are no longer available. And as always Aromatherapy and True Blue Spa are not included. True Blue Spa Body Cream is on sale but still the price is steep. Not even on 50% off. So a trip to Bath and Body Works is not really worth it. But even so I bought some lotions to send back home to my sister. Will share some photos as soon as I get around into transferring it from my camera to my laptop.

Last week I was told by the SA from Victoria's Secret that July 26 will start their second part of Semi Annual Sale. So I visited yesterday and mind you I did not receive any SMS from them. And just like in Bath and Body Works this sale from Victoria's Secret is just 'latak' nalang. Or what they call dregs in English. The only useful item I found on Victoria's Secret is their Body Oil that retails for only 25AED but I did not hoard as I don't have space and budget anymore. I'd rather spend my money on jeans and skirts. As I will be sending home my old ones that no longer fits me. I'll hoard again only at the end of this year. But only for those body oils. I have taken some photos today but then don't have time anymore into transferring them in my laptop. I was at work today but get home early as tomorrow will be the start of my vacation! 

Bershka is on sale. I just don't know until when. And maybe this is the year's Dubai Summer Sale or Dubai Summer Surprises. But then my issue with Bershka is the sizes are meant only for slim people. Maybe I'm not their target customer? Maybe their target are the youngsters who would surely fit in their clothes. I was able to buy at least 2 tops that fits me. I'm buying clothes as the old ones making me look like a sausage trying to fit in on them. Pull and Bear is also on sale. But it has been a year since the last time I bought something from that shop. The clothes choices are limited (at least for me) and in spite on being sale still too expensive for my budget. But then I did not get out from the shop empty handed. I was able to buy myself a 3/4 shorts from Mens Section! Mind you I am  a girl. But I found my size in the Mens Department. That means I have to find discipline into exercising and dieting.

H&M is on sale but gone are the days that I can buy affordable clothes from them when they are on sale. The reason why I'm buying only when its on sale as I can't afford them on regular prices. But if their sale prices are also expensive then I don't see the point in checking them out anymore ~ at least the adult section. But even the kids section I am finding affordable clothing less and less. Well I don't have a kid yet but I have nephew and nieces. And I will be sending a cargo once I get back from vacation. MAYBE this is the last year that I will be able to find anything affordable from this brand for the kids. And in that case it could be no more cargo boxes from me starting next year. I was able to get myself some make up though. Maybe they were on sale because they are about to expire and the packaging are ruined. Been planning to take some photos that I can share but then once again I can't find the time yet.

Mango is on sale. But as I think about it all those years the only time I buy from Mango is if it is from Dubai Outlet Mall. But Mango from other malls? Nah. I think only one time last year during my birthday. Buying from Mango is a little tricky too. I can't seem to find my size. And they are still expensive even if the tag says 40 to 50% off. It's either too big or too small. And all the time expensive. But this is not a high end brand, right?

Stradivarius. I'm always passing buy but never checking it out except yesterday. My bad. I always thought it to be an expensive brand. Yes they are pricey for a poor kid like me. But then if compared to other brands especially during sale hell yeah they are very much more affordable. It is a Spanish brand of clothing and I think the target market are woman my age. I mean if Bershka are for slim youngsters then Stradivarius are for women of all sizes and ages. I'm loving this brand now. If only I will not go on vacation I'll go crazy and get myself all those jeans. I'll make sure to go back to this shop after my vacation. I hope that time I still have money and they are still on sale. But if not then I'll wait until December. I can't wait to have time to take photos and share here those jeans I got from this shop.

New Look. This is a clothing brand from UK. Until 2 or 3 years ago I was their customer. Because when you say SALE then their prices were really low. But that is not the case anymore. Just like with the H&M. Every time they have a promotion I'm always checking them out. But every time I go out of the shop empty handed. Years ago a jeans on sale would cost 30AED and not jeans on sale would cost 50 (not a good one) and above. So I never bother to check this shop anymore. For what? There are so many brands to choose from with a lower price tag. Not all of us are rich enough not to care about the tags you know.

No matter how frugal a person is still he is a consumer and a customer. I'm not exactly frugal but also not extravagant at the same time. Out of all the shopping that I have done I spent only 600AED more or less. And mind you the items I shopped are not only for me. As I would send some for my family back home. I have to buy new clothes as I gained weight but if not then there would be no need for me. There are still other items that I would like to buy and need to buy but then I can't afford them all at once so others have to wait until December. The time I know that sale or promotion will be everywhere.

Items that has been added to my clutter: 3 Jeans, 1 Shorts, 3 Tops and 3 Body Oils. Some make up. Clutter that will go away: None. Because August I will be out of the country. I will start uncluttering again when I come back. As well as my Pan Project. In spite of the added items I'm still positive I will be able to achieve the clutter free room in my mind before the year ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment