Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, August 4, 2017

Goodbye #150: Maybelline BB Cream

I guess I wont have to explain what BB Cream means as by now the whole world knows about it and might be using it. And me? As always I am the last to know about anything on earth. But I don't mind it much. It was only 2014 when I started using BB cream and my reason for doing so was very lame. Just because everybody else are using it and so I should too.
It was easy for me to acquire Maybelline BB Cream since this brand is widely available in UAE. And used to be affordable. I got my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream for less than 50AED and it says to be an 8 in 1 cream. I used it for only a few times. Kept it in my drawer. Planning to used it all up early 2017. But I really cannot and so I am getting rid of it now. Waste of money for my side but I have my reasons. And it has long been expired.
If you love bb creams or they work well for you then good. But it is entirely different story on me. I do not know if that is a good or bad thing. Well ever since I do not use foundation because they cannot hide the whiteheads on my nose and upon removing it on my face, the whiteheads will still be there. I cannot seem to find the right shade for me or even use it properly. When bb cream came and said to be a light version of foundation I was sold. But upon using it there is no difference with my experiences with face foundation.

(1) Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream said to be an 8 in 1 cream meaning no moisturizer needed but then since I have a dry with oily Tzone my skin still feel dry if I will use this alone. (2) Any bb cream promises to hide the imperfections away that one do not need to use a concealer but I'm afraid that this Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream cannot really do that as I can still see my sunspots peeking through. (3) Maybelline Fresh BB Cream said to be have an SPF but then I just simply cannot rely on it alone. Wearing sunscreen for me is a must no matter what. (4) No matter what my skin does not seem to enjoy any bb cream at all. There are even times that other products on my face gets flaky.

I still have other bb creams purchased on impulse and I do not know yet what I will do with them. Do I finish them off? Do I just throw them away? So far only Skinfood BB Cream is the only one that I was able to finished. 

DSS. I have no idea that there is an on going DSS or Dubai Summer Surprises. That is why most of the shops are on sale. Well I am not going to shop like crazy. And I am not encouraging people to hoard. But I thought I should share the information for those who needs to purchase something. To grab this chance. I for one, totally run out of facial toner and instead of buying from Ebay which will take 2 weeks to arrive, opted to buy from The Faceshop. I bought Buy 1, Take 1 of their Chia Seed Toner. I thought of buying 2 sets that will last until December as I use at least a bottle per month. But then at the same time I want to free some space from my drawer so held back from doing that. Anyway the sales associate said that they are planning on having some sort of sale every month. So I will just buy whenever I need one. DSS will run until August 12, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment