Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Decluttering since mid-2016

Hi there! Because I have time that I am writing a post now. Just want to give an update with my decluttering. As I mentioned before some poor people are afraid with the words 'minimalism' and 'decluttering' for the fear that someday they might need the items they have discarded but won't have money to buy. In my case I do not think about that because since day 1 of my decluttering I do not have any plans of replacing the items I have given away or thrown away. Most of those items anyway are garbage found inside the flat. Then my earthly possessions that consist only of shoes, bags, clothes, cosmetics and some kitchen items. No more. No less. As per my experience a piece of clothing can last for more than a decade. In the past I discarded a lot not because the clothing has gone bad but because I gained weight. Same can be say about the leather shoes and bags. I have given away some shoes and bags not because they are no longer useful but because I grew tired of them or I am not really using them anymore.
I am also poor and I am a living example that this current minimalism thing is not only for the rich. But if you do not want to believe me it is completely okay. Just the same that I am not pushing anyone else to do the same. In the photo are the latest beauty products that I have given away. I have given everything a lot of thought. I was also afraid that what if I lose my job then cannot buy anymore the cosmetics that I am buying? Guess what? I do not really care anymore. I believe somehow I will still be able to buy but I will truly be a minimalist as I will buy only face cream and sunscreen. Then I will buy only what I will use. Use it up to the last drop before buying another bottle again. If I have to choose only one item to buy then that will be sunscreen only. Most Japanese sunscreens are moisturizing anyway. Also nowadays they now have a lot of drugstore brands that said to be all in one cream. So I will do just fine in that department. Then when my makeup runs out? I will just really stop wearing makeup. Problem solved! But that is just me. I also do not know the flight of others. 

This time my decluttering session has really been serious than ever as opposed to the last one and half year. Though I no longer hoard I make sure that I have stash for at least 3 months to 6 months. But with the thought that I might move anytime soon whether I like or not helped into choosing what are the items that will stay. And I never came to this point before. The only body gels and facial washes I have are whatever are on the bathroom all my extras I put in the box to be given away to my younger siblings. I noticed that in a year I can only consume one tube of hand creams that I had taken away all my lotions from the drawer to be given away too. At least 20 pieces maybe? But I know number is higher than that but I do not count. No plans of leaving even one bottle of lotion in the house. Just bought a small containers from Daiso then put on some lotion in them that I will be using as hand cream at work. Portable. I still have some oils because my skin is really dry but even the oils I might give away some of them. In the future if I can no longer buy lotions or body oils? Just keep on wearing pants to hide my dry legs then. Haha. Problem solved. So that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment