Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Experiencing Shiseido Cosmetics..

I read somewhere that in America Shiseido cosmetics are for older women. Ouch. I now belong to that category. First let me tell you my story. I have love and hate relationship with makeup for the last 10 years. I simply do not know how. I refused to touch my brows. Foundations are yucky. Dry skin. No time at all. Name it I have all the reasons. But in spite of that I have many cosmetics maybe not as much like the collectors or makeup gurus/makeup addicts but a lot than average. Reason was whenever I see something cute and affordable I buy it. Whenever there was a sale I buy. And whenever a sales lady suggest something I buy without thinking. So upon decluttering I have given up at least 90% of them unused. The girl who wears makeup once in a blue moon has 3 eyeshadow palettes. More than 50 single eyeshadows. More than 20 blushes and other things I do not understand or did not even know that I have. Given away everything except for lipsticks that I started (unintentionally) collecting last year. As lipstick is the only thing I can wear that do not require so much time. Anyway what minimalists were preaching was right all along. The less items you have the less time required for cleaning. When I have given up clothing I no longer use or need then there has been a space in my closet. That space I was able to use for putting all my bags. That way the organizer holding my bag, I was able to remove it. Making the place where it has been clear. That I can walk freely without bumping and hurting my feet. Then the floor where it has been I can clean in a few seconds everyday without a sweat. Same thing happened with my dresser. After all the decluttering now it is clear and I can see whatever I am going to use. Cleaning time has lessen so finally after a decade I now have opportunity every morning to put on my makeup! Only I no longer have makeup that I need to start from the scratch.
Thankfully I have a budget to buy some unlike in the past. I have a budget because I no longer buy other things. Since January 2018 the only item I purchased was one white brassiere. I no longer buy shoes, bags, skin care (because of my previous stock) or food items. I still eat but no longer committing gluttony. I eat whatever my body needs and not just what my eyes think I need. Was able to buy two foundations. Last time I wore foundation was a decade ago. And this eyeshadow. And bronzer. Price wise this is not cheap. But what is expensive? I see other girls with at least dozen palettes or so. The famous Urban Decay naked will cost you 285.00AED or so. I can buy something in a price lower than this but do I really need a dozen colors? That was my mistake in the past buying all the colors I will never use or need. If indeed it is true that this brand is for old women then I do not mind. I am old anyway. But it is perfect for me in so many reasons. I do not do smokey eyes. I do not even know how to blend eyeshadows. This one I can get away with just using my fingers then dab all the colors to my eyelid. Pigmentation is okay as they are buildable. Do you know when you want to put on some color but you are not very confident or knowledgeable? I think this is it. Therefore I'd say that all my experiences with Shiseido has nothing but excellent so far. It is high end but the price is not as high as others I am seeing at Sephora. Other compare the price versus the grams they will get but do women really use something up to the last drop? Or even make a dent on it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment