Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Hardcore Minimalist

In the past I am tagging myself as hoarder because I bought unnecessary items for myself. Aside from that I kept many things which are useless for no particular reasons. Or reasons I do not know or understand. Created an instagram account to document my journey from being hoarder to minimalist. It was not easy as I cannot let go easily. I always worry about the future that's why letting go was quite hard. But you know what? After letting go of various stuff out of the flat, out of my life, I feel that I am turning into one of those hardcore minimalists. Unintentionally.

Just like it was never my intention to be a hoarder. Or maybe it is not right to use the words hardcore minimalist. Maybe I just matured and realized what are the important things for me. And to free myself from all the stress and hassle for keeping up with whatever? Whatever the reasons might be it is helping me a lot. Big time I suppose. Initially I was just decluttering and doing pan project with stuff I have from my hoarding days and earlier. After I am done with that, the itch won't go away. I always see something inside the flat that I believe do not belong. Maybe it is natural? You desire less. Or you want less. You need less. I only have 6 jogging pants that I am using as sleepwear. Eliminated one since I wash clothes every 3 days. Sometimes even every 2 days. Planning on discarding one more.

There are many little things I no longer care about. I am finishing off my eye cream with no intentions of buying again ever. I believe my cream is enough for the whole face. I am trying to finish the serum I had that meant to reduce the sunspots. But guess what? Sunspots are here to stay so why try? My skin care routine has changed by not having too many skin care items all at once. Softener. Cream. Sunscreen. 3 important morning products. Do not know why people keeps on including cleanser but is it not a must for everyone to wash their face morning and evening? Isn't a must for people to shower daily hence washing face will always be included. 

The only remaining flaw is my love for lipsticks. And I am currently into matte lipsticks. Do no t even know how it happened. Used to have more than 200 lip products. I think now it is down in less than 100. Maybe even less than 50. But still I find it hard to deduct some more. Still have some Inglot, Mac, Kiko Milano and Catrice. I even have similar shades. But it is not making me sad though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment