Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, April 6, 2018

Experiencing Shiseido

There are a lot of products that I wished I purchase while I was in Japan. But back then I do not know yet what I really want and I what I really need. I was the one who always wanted to wear makeup but I do not have time. Then there was so much clutter that I could easily lose an item and find them after months had passed. Also I do not know how. Or how to address my concerns. Only when I came back from vacation that I truly had the time in the morning to spend on my face. To truly understand what I want. And understanding it will help me easily identify what to use and why. Also helped me to point out what are the things I need to declutter. Yes I am still in the process of decluttering.

I was a hoarder. Being a hoarder, I purchased so many things without thinking twice. Not because I truly need or want them. But just because they were on sale. The almost 30 pieces of eyeshadows from H&M just because they were only 5.00AED each? The more than 30 nail polishes from the same brand with the same price as well? Among other things. Now in 2018 because there were less clutter that I can easily see what I have and where they are. Plus less time for cleaning my space since there are less stuff in there.
During decluttering I have given away 95% of my cosmetics as I do not know if there will ever come a time that I can finally use them. So after decluttering them I was starting over again. From the scratch. I bought this Shiseido Luminizing Satin Trio RD711 in Basharacare because it was on sale. I gave in into buying Shiseido because the Japanese drug store brands makeup I purchased turned out to be great. That I was convinced to just buy another Japanese brand after all the trial and error I made in the past with western brands.

I have no regrets in buying Shiseido and if ever that I will have a budget again I might get myself another palette of trio. Sometimes I regret ignoring them in Japan but as I have said I never thought that I will come to this point of having a time for it. This is expensive for 200+AED for just 3 shades. But since it was on sale I got it for only 175.00AED, I believe I will get it in Don Quijote in a much lower price. Some might say that for the same amount they can get a palette of 12 shades. From my point of view, been there and done that. I had a few palettes and lot of mono eyeshadows that I did not use. What is the point of having 12 shades that you never use anyway? Just a waste of money in the end then.

I do not understand before what they say for calling it finely milled powder eyeshadow. Nor do not understand why does it matter. Only when I used Shiseido that I understood why it is important. Maybe it is not a big deal for those who truly knows how to use eyeshadow and tools like brushes. But for someone like me who do not then it is a big deal. You know the look that you have a makeup but not too much? Is that what they meant by natural look? I do not know but that's how I feel and see when I look in the mirror. In this life I will never learn the smokey eyes anyway. About the shades I saw somewhere that someone commented how boring the shades are. Well... I used to have lot of blue, green, orange, red etc but I used them all only once because I do not have the confident to wear them. So for me this kind of shades are just right for me and my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment