Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Desertcart

I wonder how many of you knows the online company called Desertcart? Admittedly in the past I have seen so many bad reviews regarding the website but I tried anyway. Right now I am no longer sure until when will I be ordering online with the situation. I was in Japan last February but then was not able to buy everything I want for fear that I might not use them. Now that I am back in UAE and miraculously I am really using whatever cosmetics I have! So I still need some Japanese cosmetics but unfortunately no physical shops in UAE carries them. If you are in UAE I might say that just forget about Japanese cosmetics at all cost. I do not understand why so hard for Japanese cosmetics yet very easy for Chinese cosmetics. Are people seriously trusting unknown Chinese makeup over Japanese brands that has been around since forever? You can get Japanese products but with so many hassles.

First there is Yesstyle. It is based in Hongkong unfortunately they do not offer tracking number unless you order with specific amount like 200USD? Not sure though if I got the amount needed correctly haven't visited their site in a while. But if I am correct that's roughly 756.00AED ~ you'll spend that amount when you are just starting up with makeup and skin care but for back ups, that is simply too much. Then there is Amazon Japan partnered with DHL with sooo many restrictions like the sunscreen falls under the category of dangerous goods because it has alcohol! But I was able to arrange from Philippines a dozen more than a year ago. And I had 3 when I went to Japan.  Ever heard any accidents involving sunscreen with alcohol? Then there is Ebay. Not all sellers will can arrange tracking number and I do not  know why. Without a tracking number forget about your item. As per my experience local empost will never ever help you locate your item if you do not have the tracking number! No one will go inside the room to check any item with your name on it or even allow you to go and look for yourself. I lost a package in the past that I stopped ordering from Ebay. Item came to UAE but no tracking number they cannot be bothered to help out.

Then there's Desertcart. While in Japan I saw Shiseido concealer for ¥1,200! Ignored it because not expecting that I will finally have time to use a foundation or any makeup! I just love Japanese cosmetics so much that I have to get and I am happy that I saw it in Desertcart. Until now I do not have the item. And of course they will not disclose what really happened. Or how on earth are they operating? I was told that the item got lost. Does Shiseido concealer contains alcohol and it has a problem going through customs? I hope they will change that system as who on earth going to eat/drink cosmetics? I placed two orders on Desertcart on different days and haven't got any of it until now. Maybe if you will order non cosmetic items you will get it without any fuss. We have Shiseido in UAE but we all know it is the most expensive Japanese brand when there are so many choices of affordable brands in Japan! So if I am still here until next year I do not know where will I get my cosmetics when I ran out of them.

Then there's Souq. As per Souq they partnered with Amazon Global. But then I am seeing a lot of Japanese products available in Amazon Global that I cannot find in Souq website. Try to see for yourself Shiseido spotcover foundation. Amazon Global has it while not in Souq. Found one today in Souq with price of 339.00AED! Are you kidding me? I don't know about you but after this I will no longer order from Desertcart. There are some websites that offer Japanese cosmetics but with extremely expensive shipping and/or limited choices. Duh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment