Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, April 9, 2018

Minimalism..

Even though I say that I am a minimalist and frugal in progress from time to time, I look for photos. Watch videos. Read blogs. Because I always need an inspiration to go on. So from watching videos last week I came across this woman ranting about minimalism. But then I was not mad at her. There is nothing to be mad at her. She's making sense anyway. If you will google now about a dirt poor's version of minimalism and frugal: you'll find none. All you will find are people who in case get tired of minimalism and decide the next day to live in a material world they can do so. All my life I had always been a poor. Until now. Poor people do not really have choices. The only difference between now and then was at least I have a work. 

But even with work I am still living a hand to mouth kind of life. If ever you see me spending money in the past like when I went through the hoarding phase, it was not because my salary was overflowing. Like the money I spent I should have kept it in the bank for future use. Or I should have instead go on yearly vacation to unwind. Anyway it is over and down. Also the woman ranting about minimalism was also looking for money saving tips and she was taken aback about other people's way of saving money like not drinking Starbucks everyday. Haha. I had been here in UAE for 12 years and I bought from Starbucks only once. I enjoy their ice cream which they do not sell on their shops. The service crew does not even know Starbucks ice cream exist. My favorite is Cinnabon Mochalatta which I drink only once a month but it has been years that I don't. Trying to keep my glucose down. So yeah I can fully understand the rant.

This also reminds me.. Months and months ago.. I was looking for Filipinos like me who are also poor ~ wanting to hear their POV on how they do minimalism and frugality. Even if it means eating once once or twice a day. I want to hear their stories. On how on earth they can do it in spite of limited resources they have. But I cannot find anything. Or maybe extremely poor people do not have gadgets, internet connection nor time to spare to share their lives online. Or maybe they rather not share as it is very personal. And do not want to let the whole world knows what is going on with them. Or it is painful to talk about. I remember reading somewhere about Japanese people who are also dirt poor (but in better situation if compared to a Filipino) that they will try to hide their predicament. Like not socializing so other will not find out that they can no longer afford eating out, drinking or shopping. Those are the reasons I can think of why we do not hear from them. And it is mostly rich people all the time we see preaching about minimalism. 

In the end I still believe in minimalism. It is just not something like one size fits all. It is just annoying when you want to meet/see someone who's on the same boat like you but cannot find anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment