Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Goodbye #4: Forever21 Skirt ⭐☀︎

I never forget to mention how dirt poor I am. That I'm living a hand to mouth kind of life. I'm always blaming others and the system for me being a poor. Yes those factors play a part. But I never blame myself. That I have a big part on it too why I'm still a dirt poor after years of working. I may have mentioned that I THINK I have up to 400 clothing. But since I'm organizing and decluttering the room I'm always taking out my items from the closet too often. I'm taking away one item at a time. Dividing those items between my sister in law and younger sister. As I have taken out this gray skirt I counted the clothes from where I got it from.

My closet in the room is the same height as I am. Its 5 feet. Right side has 3 layers. While the left side has no layers at all. One layer on the right side alone can contain up to 100 clothes. If folded properly. In short my closet alone contains up to 500 items. Not yet included those clothes under the bed. And those that are in my plastic drawer. And since I started this decluttering thing I have already kept (as I will be sending them in cargo at the end of June or start of July) up to 60 items. And counting. As I have taken out this gray skirt it was along with other 4 shorts from yester years.

I can't even remember anymore which month or year I acquired this gray skirt. I purchased it because it was on sale. Thinking I saved money on buying it. But in reality I did not saved anything, but instead I spent 10AED. And since the day I purchased it I never got a chance to wear it. Instead it has taken up a space on my closet. So maybe I'll not be this much poor if since day 1 I had been smart on how to handle my money no matter how little it is.

And now that I'll be a year older soon enough I regret those times that I spent my little money recklessly. I regret acquiring this much clothing. The older I get the more it dawns on me that I don't need much in life. Having little means having more. Doing things I love is more important than acquiring little earthly possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment