Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, July 8, 2017

1st Order From KLensPop 💕

Contact lenses. I started wearing it last December but only on weekends. I remember my first time so well. I was so scared. And I thought it was my end. I was going to die. It has taken me a few minutes to wear one. And had no idea how to take it out. Well I tried wearing contacts because as my eyesight gets weaker, my glasses gets heavier. So I thought I will wear contacts while saving money to buy a premium lightweight frame.

When I get used to wearing contacts, putting it on or off became easier. Takes only a few seconds for me to do so. But here comes another concern: money. Every month I have to shell out 120AED for a pair of monthly lenses and solution. And so since I wanted to save some dirhams that I turned to online shopping to see if I can get contacts in much more affordable price.

And that's how I found out about KLensPop and lady luck smiled at me because that time they were having a sale of 5USD or no more than 20AED for a pair of monthly lenses. Did not hesitate and placed my first order.
I cannot think of something I do not like from ordering from them. I checked other websites that offer contact lenses and so far they do have the most affordable shipping fee. Shipping fee is 5USD or 5.50USD using EMS or K-Packet. Website says that it might take at least a month or 45 Days before the package arrive in UAE. But based on my experiences any packages from Korea and some parts of Asia takes less than two weeks to arrive. In the case of my order, it has taken only one week. They are sending the K-Packet with Tracking Number and website where you can track it down. Placed an order last June 28, 2017. They sent my order the next day. And July 06, 2017 the package arrived in Dubai. I was able to pick it up in the post office in Ajman as soon as I got off from the office.
Here are my contacts. Each pair would cost 18USD (still cheaper than the brand I am buying here) but since it was on sale I got them for 5USD each pair. I used pink today to see how it is. It was fine. So far so good. No complaints from me regarding the product. I just wish I can buy an affordable solution in the biggest bottle.
And so that's all. I will be checking the website from time to time if there will be any major sale again. This is the difference money wise: one Freshlook monthly from UAE cost me 120AED versus five monthly from Korea cost me 150AED. 5 pairs for 5 months. 125AED for the product. 20AED for the taxi back and forth. And 5AED for Empost payment.

Actually I found out that in Asia (Korea, Japan and Philippines) contact lenses are very affordable. Even though those countries mentioned do have tax. It is because of the competition. A lot of companies are making/selling contact lenses. The more choices the lower the prices become. I may not be able to get the same amount anytime soon from Korea but still the prices are still lower than what I can buy from here. Actually Amazon Japan do have choices of affordable contact lenses too but ordering from them is so tricky. They are using DHL which has so many restrictions. But if I were to believe the restrictions being imposed by DHL then how come the items can be send without a fuss using Empost? DHL from Japan takes 4 days to arrive in my doorstep by the way. 

Speaking of Korea.. I am trying to upload some K-Dramas in Facebook and YouTube. But I am now banging my head on the wall due to copyrights. Facebook takes forever to upload. And sometimes totally not uploading which is a bummer. But you have a choice it will just give you a warning that the owner of the video will be able to view it (then decide I suppose if they want it remove or sue you I reckon). YouTube takes only 30 minutes to upload but then it comes to copyright they will immediately block the video you painfully posted. For Pete's Sake I uploaded a drama from a decade ago! So I can start deleting some from my external disk. They should be thanking people like me because once it is in the internet the future people can watch it. (Or are they seriously thinking in the future people will still pay for it?)

JULY 14, 2017: I visited KLensPop again and ended up placing another order. As they are on sale again. This time around it is their Silicon Hydrogen contact lenses which I read somewhere a supposed to be more advanced kind of contact lenses. As the eyes will be more able to breathe. I do not know until when the sale price will be. But what I noticed from the first time I placed an order, their sale usually starts at the 2nd week of the month up to month end. So anyone who wants to buy still have at least 2 weeks to do so. They are selling Silicon Hydrogen contact lenses for 60USD but due to sale price becomes 6.50USD which is not bad at all. I grabbed the chance so I can try if this choice of contact lenses is much better than the ordinary ones. 

The downside for me is I have to cut down my expenses on food. As my budget for a contact lenses per month is only 120AED. So even though I am craving for some nachos I have to say NO. It is fattening and it is 27AED. In that amount I would already have a pair of contact lenses that I can use for the whole month. I am craving for my favorite mochalatte (don't know the correct name) from Cinnabon but I have to say NO. The calories are so high and I am allowed only 1,200 per day if I want to lose weight. And price is 22AED. That amount is already a taxi fare for me back and forth from my flat to Empost when I am about to collect my order. And even though I am too lazy to cook, I still have to because eating out is a big NO. And before going out of the house I have to make sure that I am leaving the house on a full stomach to avoid buying snack outside. The sacrifices I have to make when I am buying something. And people who see my photos think I am oozing with money.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment