Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Goodbye #141: Sixteen Black Shoes

And I am still doing my Goodbye Series post. And now I am saying goodbye to my high heel black shoes from Sixteen. A Brazilian brand of shoes that you can get in any Safeer Mall across the UAE. 
I bought it last 2016 and it was not even on sale. I bought it because I badly needed a black shoes for the office. For how many years now that I had been wearing either boots or black rubber shoes in the office while my colleagues are all wearing black formal shoes. I know it is not really a formal shoes due to the heels. But the thing is in the past I tried all the different kind of heels the said mall has to offer. All were Brazilian brand as they are the most affordable in UAE market. And good quality too. I just cannot find a good heel that will not hurt my feet. I wanted a black shoes that I can wear my socks on but with heels of at least 2 inches. I found one but they do not have my size. And so I ended up trying out different kind of heels. I mean even the heels have different sizes and shapes. I know women will understand what I am talking about.
As I continue to declutter my tiny space that I've decided to give it up. I can wear this but I do not find if practical with my environment at all. I am now always using a backpack. Backpack and heels this high doesn't look good together. And I am walking it the road with stones and sand so it will not last in that. If I will keep on wearing something like this the sole will always be out in a month or two. And there is no place here that fixes sole. So I would have to buy a new pair all the time. Which is not frugal or money saving situation.
I handed it over to my little sister. At least when there is a occasion in her school she might be able to use it than me. As you can see in the box the price is 92.00AED well honestly for me that is expensive. But I got the shock of my life when I last visited Payless Shoes that the prices of their China made shoes have all gone up, prices are now around 200AED. Double of the price of Brazilian brands. 

Even though I am saving money I will still look around for the kind of working shoes that I need but I will be checking only from Safeer Mall or any shops that offers Brazilian brand. Look Brazil made and China made may still have the same quality. But I am leaning more on Brazilian shoes because of the price. 200AED or more for a pair of shoes? Seriously? I will shed out that amount if we are talking about a genuine leather boots! And not just man made leather shoes that cannot even last for a year! OMG! I only paid less than 100AED for the genuine leather sandals from Massimo Dutti. If the shoes is made of leather they can demand a higher price because as per my experience leather shoes can really last for years. But if they are not and they want a premium amount, just no way!

No comments:

Post a Comment