Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, July 10, 2015

Empties Part 1

I had been using skin care products since forever but then only last year when I started to learn and explore about different brands. And go beyond my normal ritual. Normal ritual for me was facial soap for the face and bar soap for the body. But as I'm getting older I face a skin issues like sun spots, dry skin and of course the never ending whiteheads that I always complain about. Prior 2014 I had been using every once in a while whitening products but was not really paying attention that much and only a few months back when I started to observe and write down if something is really going on with my skin or I am just wasting my hard earned money. Sad truth it was more of the latter. 
Hand cream ~ I cannot live without hand cream as I have extremely dry hands whether it is summer or winter. And I already tried dirt cheap brands up to those that are out of my budget. But hand creams will be included in my next empties post. Not today. 
Here are the empty bottle of the products I used and it is good that I have taken a photo first before throwing them out as well as writing a post so I won't forget. 
Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser ~ I was confused at first because in my time and while I was in the Philippines cleanser would mean a soap for face. We don't call toners as cleansers. We call them toners. We only have Eskinol and RDL that time. So this one is not a washing soap for the face but a toner. This is less than 30AED if I am not mistaken. And I picked it when I decided to wage war against my whiteheads. I mean all my life I had been using nose strips but I felt that it was not enough and maybe there's a product out there that would help me out to banish them for good. Did this product help? In cleaning my face, yes. In banishing my whiteheads, no. Did not repurchase and I went ahead to try other products that might solve my problem.
Loreal Whitening & Moisturizing Toner ~ purchased this late 2013 then kept it in my drawer until I forgot all about it. Not until I had a general cleaning last year. Because 2013 I was not really interested with toners or at least have the knowledge I have now back then. I forgot the exact price of this but it is no more than 50AED. As soon as I found it I used it up. It claims to be whitening. Does it live up to its promise? Nay. Is is moisturizing? I can't remember at all as it has been months ago. A few weeks back I have written a post about using tons of products with promises to whiten the skin but turns out to be a big let down. This is one of them. Up to this day I haven't found a whitening product that really works on me. I did not repurchase as I find it too expensive for toner. Plus it has an Alcohol Denat that I am keen on avoiding when it comes to toner.
Vichy Micellar Solution ~ when I learned about micelle solutions and how good it is when it comes to removing make up I went a little crazy and purchased different brands. This is one of them. Right after I purchased my Bioderma. Vichy is another company under Loreal. It delivers what it promises to do so. Maybe because micelle solutions doesn't have too many claims except removing your make up in a safe way. Without false promises. This is actually hard to find Vichy product. I got it from Aster Pharmacy for 79.00AED. I did not repurchase as I have other brands of micelle solution to try afterwards.
Loreal Micellar Cleansing Water ~ Late 2014 too many drug store brands came out with their version of Micelle Solution making me not go back anymore to costlier brands like Bioderma and Vichy. I got this from Carrefour for only 30.00AED. This is a value for money. As time goes by I realize that skin care products and make up does not necessarily have to be so freaking expensive. 
Nectar of Nature ~ this is a French brand with a very affordable prices. I love this brand. I love this shower gel. And the good thing about this is they have so many variants available and it is often on sale in Carrefour. I got it for less than 10.00AED and it was buy 1 take 1 that time. I would purchase again this Wild Blackberry variant IF I'm done trying out other variants.
Out of the two I would choose Loreal than Vichy. Though both products works well Loreal is easy to find and cheaper. While Vichy is hard to find and expensive. Once in a while Vichy has a promo but I have not seen Micelle Solution to be included in it.
And before I go let me tell you that Vichy and Loreal Micelle Solution if you will look at the ingredients that difference would be one has fragrance while the other one doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment