Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Of makeup and whiteheads

Here I am again with my favorite topic. Whiteheads. Maybe I should rename my blog to something like "Chronicles of my Whiteheads" or "The girl who rants about Whiteheads". For weeks now I had been patiently reading blogs and articles about whitehead. How to cure them. As well as using different products. Sadly I don't think it's possible to be completely whitehead free once you have them. The nose will keep on producing oil whatever the weather is and whatever product you use. The same way our body will keep on producing sweat whether it is summer or winter. But at least it is proven and tested that having a 'botox' in underarms will prevent you from sweating. Whereas there is no such treatment for the nose that will stop it from producing oil. Oil control products can hold off oil only for a few hours then the nose is back to normal again. Oil. The root cause of whitehead.

The other day I watched Nikki Tutorials on YouTube. She's amazing. She put on makeup only on half of her face to see the big difference. Sometimes I wish I can do the same but then I lack the skills to do so. Second video I watched was about Filipinas makeup common mistakes which left me scratching my head and  a little ashamed of myself as I was guilty to some of them. Nikki said that there is no rule in makeup. Do whatever look you want to aim for. While this Filipina who made the video pointed out (which she learned from another make up guru) that one must not use eyeliner in the eye line if you will not put it also in your eyelids. So I am doing it wrong whenever I use an eyeliner then? Which is easier to give up and eyeliner then. Easy to give advice especially when the person giving an advice has a hooded eyelid. But then after watching these videos make me think.

I gathered all the foundation, bb cream and cc cream I own. No matter how good it is or even if it says to be oil free and non comedogenic still it can't help that some of it will aggravate the whiteheads on my nose. Which made me vow never again to purchase any of those. Also I will avoid the SA's more than ever. As I recently purchased Rimmel Nude Foundation as I was stupidly persuaded by the SA when all I wanted to buy was the Rimmel Makeup Base. An impulse purchase as I was trying to find a brand that can replace Essence All About Matt Oil Control Makeup Base which is hard to find. Persistent SA and me are not a good combo.

And now I can see myself eventually giving up makeup soon. I'll just finish whatever I have. Foundation and the likes are no no for my whiteheads. No eyeshadow. No mascara. No eyeliner. I'll just finish the ton of blush on and lip products I purchased when I was on shopping spree for those. Seems to me that only those are safe enough for me to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment