Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, July 12, 2015

How can I afford to shop when I'm always on tight budget?

I wish I have taken photos but then if you are in my shoes you'll understand why each time taking a snapshot is the least in my concern. Every June there is Dubai Summer Sale in all malls and almost all the shops are participating. It usually runs from June to July. But this last June I do not know what happened it didn't last until July. But some shops started their sale price last May. I just got lucky enough that I was able to persuade my friend to visit Outlet Mall before June ends and voila! Outlet Mall has still an ongoing sale especially Splash. Imagine Lee Cooper jeans for only 30AED and with further discount upon payment! And that my friends is the answer to the question 'how can I afford to shop when I'm always on tight budget?'.

When I came to this country some 9 years ago my waist line back then was just 24. And I was able to maintain my figure for at least 4 years? But then by the time that I was about to hit the big 3-0 seems that my metabolism slows down. No. So whether I like it or not from 24 I became 26. And I'm not sure if it is the same size with Philippine brands of clothing. As sizes back home are slightly smaller I think. My arms got bigger. I'm dieting and I'm exercising but then I guess a woman's body structure will eventually grow big as time goes by then go back again to being small in old age. Actually I don't mind my waist line but another part of my body that seems to be growing are my thighs. So because of big thighs and big arms I find myself buying often clothes than I did when I was younger.

And it is no secret that I don't have an overflowing money in my bank account so I am always budget conscious. Because of that I take time to look around at all shops I could to check and compare their prices and to know what is the cheapest that I can get. And some people are surprised whenever I tell them my budget range and yes I'm able to purchase within that range. My jeans usually costs around 30-35AED and sometimes lower. Levi's are the only jeans I would buy for more than 100AED. But I am not really after the brand. My tops often costs me around 15-25AED only. With this prices I could spend at least 100AED per month on clothing. I get many clothes but without making my pocket cry. In case you are wondering where to I shop since all the prices in UAE just keeps on going up, here are the store names:

New Look ~ almost all the malls have New Look branches and if you will look hard enough you can find sale items between 10 to 20AED only. But this year I can't find jeans anymore that would cost only 30AED.


Forever21 ~ I used to ignore this shop as their place is so big and I get tired easily looking around but then when I started seeing signs showing up to 70% off and I get to buy items for only 10AED to 15AED; this became my favorite shop. With this price I wouldn't mind exploring the whole store. 

H&M ~ finally they now have a branch in Ajman. Sale price starts at 15AED. Not bad. The secret in shopping in this place if you are petite like me? Go straight to kids section. 

Splash/Centrepoint ~ this is my favorite of them all. The only place where you can find a shirt for only 5AED if you are patient enough to dig and search among the sea of clothes! 

There are more shops in this country but I don't take time anymore to visit them. Because of the prices these 4 shops can offer when on sale I can't bring myself anymore to shop at a slightly higher price. As of the quality of clothes? So far no complaints from me. Promise to take photos to share some other time. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment