Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Why I stopped watching makeup tutorials at YouTube

I just watched a YouTube tutorial about 'strobing' as I have been seeing it over social networks. Silly me only now I realized what is the reason why I never learned how to do a full make up or at least use a make up properly. And why on earth did I stopped watching make up tutorials when they are so great and fun to watch. Well I still use make up but it's very limited. One or two shades of eyeshadow. Nothing fancy. Sometimes I use sponge tip applicators ~ old school I know. And my eyeshadow is not even on daily basis. Then followed by a blush on that is usually cream but now I'm trying to use powder type. Then lastly a lipstick or a lip gloss depends on my mood on that day. And that's it!

My 'whiteheads' always get in the way. That is my main problem. Over the years I have used a lot of products. Tried different techniques but to no avail. For example if tonight I will be using a nose strips to remove my whiteheads there will still be some left (used different brands/products are the results are always the same nothing can take it all away 100%) so the next day if I will put layers of make up in my nose it will look unsightly. That's why my BB Cream, CC Cream and Foundation takes forever to finish as I don't use them everyday because of this. And it drives me crazy that whenever I just want to look around the make up shops the SA would always ask me to try their foundation or if I want a foundation. There are days that I want to be rude and shout at them to 'leave me alone' as yet need to find a product that will make my whiteheads disappear for good!

Then after the whiteheads my next issue is at my age I already have a dry skin but except on T zone. As well as those fine lines. Products around my eyes usually ends up being cakey. When I say products it means concealer and the likes. Sadly at times even the eye cream. So in the morning after I put on layers of skin care products followed by a layer of make up that usually leads to chaos on my face. That is why I usually prefer liquids. As they are unlikely to turn into lumps in my face. And the beauty gurus I'm watching are young. There is a huge difference between a young and aging skin. Young skin all products seem to glide on smoothly. Nothing would cake up. If it looks good on them it looks horrible on me. I should start looking for tutorials based on my skin type. I hope I will find some. And I will be sharing them here for those girls out there who are in the same boat like me. 

A lot of good make up gurus I have seen on YouTube are mostly white girls. I heard that there are now Filipinas YouTubers but I haven't check them out. Those beautiful hues that looks gorgeous with white girls ~ for example the Mac Cremesheen Nude? I have seen a lot of white girls rocking it fine. But I look like an extra in The Walking Dead wearing it. You know when they are in between just dying and turning into zombie. Plus my eye lids (the hoods) are so small so one time I tried to put a eyeshadow followed by an eyeliner. The result? The eyeshadow won't peek through and the eyeliner sticks up to the upper lid (or it is called crease?). With that experience whatever eyeliners I have are tucked away in somewhere in my drawer. 

And the brows!!!!! Am I the only girl on earth who doesn't pluck her brows? I'm not against women plucking her brows. To each her own. But just because they do, must I? I will try to see if I can find woman my age who gives make up tutorials and I wish that woman will also have brows like me. 

This is not a rant post. Just me writing down my thoughts. My experiences regarding make up. I now have ample collection. And I wish to be able to use them all at least before I reach my 40's. And now off I go to look for tutorial videos. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment