Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Toners

Facial Toners. It is a liquid product meant to clean the face. The second step after the facial cleanser or make up remover. To make sure that whatever residue left behind by the facial cleanser or make up will be removed. But not all people uses Toner. Some says you can skip it as it is just a waste of time and money. Some says it is needed as extra care for the skin. As for me prior 2014 I don't have an exact skin care regime. Meaning I just clean my face with just about anything I can get my hands on. Soap. Eskinol. Any facial cleanser. RDL. I was young back then. Being young comes with a smooth and soft skin. When sun spots starts appearing along with thousand of whiteheads that is when I realized I should have taken care of my skin properly as early as possible. Now my skin is aging. And has been drier than before. Prevention is better than cure. I included Toner in my regime, hoping my skin will get better. Here are some of my facial toners:
From left to right: Avene Gentle Toner, La Roche Posay Physiological Soothing Toner, Botanics Cleansing Toner, Skinfood Peach Sake Toner, Byphasse Soft Toner Lotion and Olay Refreshing Toner. Inshallah if my busy schedule will permit me to do so I'll take up more photos and write a post for each product.

It has been more than a year that I'm using toner religiously. I can't remember anymore how many brands I tried. I am avoiding Alcohol Denat but then some of the brands I own have them. How's my experience with toners? Well none of them helps as far as sun spots and whiteheads are concern. But then none of them promised to be able to do so. With the current brands I own only 1 claims to have a brightening solution or effect and that is the Botanics Cleansing Toner but it will probably fall into the category of 'products I used to brighten/whiten the skin but did not able to do so'. As I have repeatedly said that I haven't found any brightening/whitening products yet that truly works. Somehow in a way it slows down the aging process of my skin. Not because it has components to fight off the wrinkles. But because of this step I became more attentive to my skin instead of just slapping my face with products. I observe my skin's reaction. I became gentle with my skin. I listen to it. But this post does not mean that I am relying only on toner. Toner is just a part of the regime. Sometimes I follow the Korean steps in applying skin care. Sometimes I just follow the basic.

I'll continue using toners as a way to give an extra pampering to my skin. But as of the brand I don't think I will shell out money again ever to expensive brands since all of them can clean the face properly. That's all for now. Thanks for dropping by to my page. Till next time, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment