Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Where to buy Essence cosmetics in UAE?

For how many weeks now I had been asking/searching Google and Social Networks these questions: Where to buy Essence Makeup in UAE? Where to buy Essence Makeup in Dubai? Where to buy Essence Cosmetics in Dubai? Where to buy Essence Cosmetics in UAE? Try it yourself for you to know that it is hard to find an answer. There are some blog posts from yesteryears and I visited the places mentioned but then tough luck. Those places no longer sell Essence makeup or Essence cosmetics whatever term you prefer.

Visited the Exquisite shop in Times Square even though it is very far from my place. Hyper Panda in DFC even though it is not my favorite mall. And even visited Ansar Gallery in Sharjah even though I detest the traffic in that area. Sadly those shops no longer carries Essence. The only shops I know that still sells them are Carrefour Express in Oasis Mall and Geant in IBN Battuta Mall. But both shops are very far from me and with very limited choices. That's why I'm trying to find other places where this brand might be available. I would like to know if there are shops near to me and/or shops that have other items that are not available in Oasis Mall or Geant IBN Battuta Mall.

I was glad to see that there is a Carrefour Express (?) in Al Ghurair Mall. With question mark because it is quite big to be an Express. I walked fast and searched the whole area thinking that if it is indeed an Express they would carry Essence.

And why I am so keen in finding Essence shops in UAE? Well there's nothing I can do with all the price increase around while the salary stays the same for almost a decade now. So the only factor I can control is my expenses. Meaning I need to look for the most affordable in the market. I am still a little obsessed with lip products and blush on which is pretty evident with my previous posts. This started last year and I think it will go on for another year or two. But then I can't afford what other shops has to offer. Essence is the only brand I know that dirt cheap but with good quality. I can reward myself without leaving a deep holes in my pocket.

It would be heaven if Essence skin care products will also be available in the UAE market. But that is just another wishful thinking. I know it will never happen as Essence is a dying brand in UAE Market. This is an unknown brand among make up junkies and make up gurus in the UAE. Most of them can afford high end/more popular make ups so I don't think that they will bother to patronize make up brand this cheap.

FEBRUARY 16, 2016:
Update. There is a mall in Ajman called Matajer Mall. Inside this mall there is a Carrefour Express. And... Essence Cosmetics is very much available and still affordable as ever. SO it's a good news for those who are in Ajman and into affordable make up. Ciao!

MARCH 26, 2017:
I was on Carrefour Mirdif City Centre over the weekend and I have seen Wet and Wild cosmetics. I know it is not related to Essence cosmetics. But then I think it is also quite popular and affordable even though the prices are higher then Essence. So just an alternative for those who can't easily find/locate Essence. But those who advocate cruelty free and yet affordable make up there is another brand from Germany called Catrice. The downside is so far I found them only online via Souq. Those who will be visiting Germany would easily find it in Rossmann Outlets I think but I have never been to Germany, instead I have been to Turkey where they have branches of Rossmann. And this Rossmann carries Catrice as well as Rival de Young and Rival de Loop. 

If Germany can produce affordable cosmetics why the US can't? I am not comparing the brands from US and Germany (and Asians) and those US brands making me feel as if they are high end. I have some lipsticks from Catrice that I will be sharing soon. Uhm, as soon as I get the time to take snapshots. :)

JULY 02, 2017:
There is now a grocery shop in King Faisal Street Ajman named Mars Hypermarket. Just go to the second floor and you will find Essence there. You many not find the latest the Essence has to offer but the basic ones will do.

November 09, 2017:
Are you familiar with United Hypermarket? The one I know of is in Dubai. I do not know what the street is called but it is near the Muraqqabat Police Station. Anyway as I was browsing Instagram last night I came across their Sharjah branch account. And I found out that they carry Essence and Catrice!!!!! I do not know if they are still on sale today but I am asking a friend to take me there and check them out. I would like to see for myself the items they offer. And I would like to have some Essence Metal Rock Eyeshadows the one that came out in liquid form.

November 12, 2017:
Over the weekend I was able to visit 2 shops that carries Catrice and Essence. One was in Joanna in Dragon Mart and it is written in one of the comments below. And the other one was United Hypermarket Sharjah. Out of the two better to visit the latter. United Hypermarket Sharjah has an almost complete stocks of both brands. Meaning some of new releases are available as opposed to Joanna. Plus United Hypermarket has social media accounts and somebody is taking time to answer the question and queries posted! I suggested that if they could also bring P2 if possible. Which is another affordable German brand of makeup. ☺

November 16, 2017:
Do you know Safeer Mall? Inside Safeer Mall there is a shop called Xpressions Style and it has some Essence products. But not all branches do have Essence. Like the one in Ajman Al Nuaimia I asked if they have Essence, they do not have. You can check Safeer Mall in Sharjah or Century Mall in Dubai. Or you can buy from them online with shipping fee of 15.00AED. Ciao! ♥

2018.04.22
Notice that some people are still visiting this post so I thought I'll give a final update. Visited at least 3 shops last weekend (unintentionally) Mars Hypermarket in King Faisal Street Ajman, United Hypermarket Sharjah (Essence are all 40% off) and Carrefour in Oasis Mall. They are selling the least Essence products they have. Soon it will be gone in physical shops in UAE. Not sure until Souq will sell it. They do not know the exact reason. But I don't think people will mind that much. Do you? The latest products from Essence and its sister company Catrice are now all made in China. The reason why I bought from Wet & Wild or ELF only once for the same reason. As well as Nyx. Not being obnoxious here though do not get me wrong. If you cannot really avoid wearing/wanting makeup then may I suggest shift to Korean brands? Lot are springing everywhere. And they are still on the affordable side. Just do not go after the most popular ones like The Faceshop. Got my Tony Moly bronzer for only 20.00AED while my It's Skin blusher for only 23.00AED.

57 comments:

  1. hey I heard that u get essence makeup products in lulu hypermarkets or mall whatever you would prefer to call it my friend is a huge fan of essence make up and she made me wanna buy essence products so I will be going to lulu don't know when but if I go there and find essence I will surely inform u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PM
      In Abu Dhabi, there is in Red Tag shop..it is very affordable.Me too i am addicted coz this product is mild ,good for teeneagers and they got good but cheap stuff like gel effect nail polish,good 16 h all day foundation,liquid eyebrow,banana mattifying powder too.

      Delete

      Delete
  2. You are lucky that you still have a place or 2 where you can find essence cosmetics in dubai. Here in al ain only carrefore express in remal mall has it. And even that is poorly stocked. I am all about affordable yet good makeup and trust me even drugstore makeup in UAE is not affordable. I am really keen to try essence products since they are underrated. I am particularly looking for I love extreme mascara but haven't have any luck yet :( #alainblogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sobra and lulu al Falah plaza have essence

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. U can get it at various metro stations like burjuman or al fahidi at vp perfumes. They sell essence products. I bought mine from thr only!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys in sharjah do you know where they sell? They used to have in megamall but now theyre gone :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know the Matajer Mall? It's between Ajman and Sharjah. You'll find it there. Inside the Carrefour Express. I think all Carrefour Express across the UAE carries it.

      Delete
    2. As far as I know there is a place in Sharjah called Ansar mall they sell it there

      Delete
    3. As far as I know there is a place in Sharjah called Ansar mall they sell it there

      Delete
    4. I also saw a counter in Carrefour Marina although I buy mine from Geant Ibn Battuta

      Delete
  5. I thinks its very hopeful post and very important post for us.

    Baby clothes in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  6. you will get this Essence make up in carrefour sharjah .. i recently bought from there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information. Will keep that in mind in case that I'm in the area.

      Delete
  7. hi! which carrefour in sharjah did you find essence at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT was my sister who discovered this affordable and amazing brand in carrefour express in the small city Centre in buteena area right in front of the fire station and adjacent to sewa ofc.

      Delete
  8. Essence is available in Grant in Has Mall

    ReplyDelete
  9. we are dealing in online shopping in abu dhabi, you can get services in uae for online shopping. here are options for the jewellery, home appliances, watches, sunglasses and baby products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dragon mart 2 in Joanna store on the ground floor has it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to intl city this week..Would def check it there!

      Delete
  11. if u hav RNB store in dubai u can check there... in Abu Dhabi its there at R&B in mushrif mall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @sweta ..oh lord you saved me a.lot of time and hassle to find essence in abudhabi. I live very near to mushrif mall and go there frequently in fact visited r&b just last week for the very first time. Will surely check the essence counter there next time. Thanks so much!

      Delete
    2. Thank u so much. I got yesterday 17dirham only from r&b. Although they have just 3 colours. For additional info ladies, there was another brand,beside essence,I saw it first time, *absolute london* they also have a wide range of glitter eyeshadow in metallic look.but little bit expensive than essence.39dirham. they are also very nice if u can spend a little more.

      Delete
    3. Sorry it's *absolute NewYork*

      Delete
  12. I just saw it in Lulu Ghusais today! It is pretty affordable :) I was on the lookout for makeup (I'm a newbie) and my Friend made me buy some pretty expensive brands like Deborah :( After seeing the essence products I regretted the products I already bought. Anyway I'm glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there,
    I came across your article while doing a similar search for essence make up. I have been using essence since long and was looking for a store which has their complete range including perfumes, make up and nail polish removers.
    My reason for using essence, apart from it being super affordable, they are cruelty free. None of their products or ingredients are tested on animals and their distributor is also a cruelty free company. If I have to spend money on a product why not pour it on to company with high ethics and social and environmental responsability!!!!!
    Anyway, just to let you know, there is an essence kiosk at the Day to Day near the Deira City Centre. I havent checked at other day to day stores, but I believe it should be available on all the branches. I am yet to come across their perfumes though ( it is tough to find cruelty free perfume brands in
    DXB, unless you order on line). Hopefully it would be available in DXB soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the information. I think there is one perfume available when I checked Essence last December 30, 2016. Even though I am not going to buy anything I am still checking them once in a while to see if there is something new. As long as the demand is low then I don't think they will bring other items from Essence to UAE market. And the same time I can only wish that the German shop Rossmann will come here. As most of their products (cosmetics and skin care) are very much affordable just like Essence. And cruelty free as well.

      Delete
    2. Hi. I just want to ask if those essence products in Day to Day are original?

      Delete
    3. There is no fake Essence cosmetics. All are made in EU and in a very affordable prices.

      Delete
    4. I came to know the good reviews of essence cosmetics and searched this brand in Abu Dhabi. This is sold by souq but they are very cheap as compared to the price mentioned in a makeup tutorial video which make me confused if it is genuinely original product🤔😥sold by souq

      Delete
  14. You can find Essence makeup in Avenue, Max, Redtag and Esquisite i think.
    I know for sure avenue sells Essence in the near by avenue store (abu dhabi)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Avenue is already closed in al Zahiya mall(?) but you can still get essence just on the next floor(lol) in Sana just beside brands for less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But sana is closed as well now

      Delete
  16. I found essence cosmetic in lulu village,Dubai but most of the items are out of stuck and I could not find their best highlighter which is essence pure nude highlighter, do you know where I can found it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably Essence Pure Nude highlighter are no longer available since they released the Soooo Glow highlighter last year. And released a new one this year. I forgot the name though.

      Delete
  17. I just bought yesterday a mascara from Essence! It's really nice and makes your lashes more long. There is one in NeednWant Supermarket (not sure for the name tho) near Cluster V, JLT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!There's an Ansar gallery in the Karama area that carries essence products! But they don't have all the latest products :( however they do have all the signature products! https://www.google.ae/maps/dir/''/ansar+gallery/@25.2522485,55.2386653,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x3e5f432eaac5b51f:0x2c5d930be7fa5fce!2m2!1d55.3087056!2d25.252265

    ReplyDelete
  19. Does anyone know where they sell Catrice products in Ajman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen them yet in Ajman. And there are not much shops in Ajman anyway.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Found out that there's another drugstore brand in Matajer mall called Wet'n'Wild cosmetics which is a bit pricier than essence.

      Delete
  20. Love you for updating this! Need to visit the United Hypermarket, wet n wild and essence are there in all the Carrefour markets and matajers, and essence just cane to safeer mall in Ajman also, along with a british brand called w7, their eyeshadows. Thabk you sooo much. Going to United first thing tmmrw! ��

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog. I was searching for many months and this may give me couple of options. Thank you so much . Well during my search I found two places that has essence. This needs and wants supermarket in cluster V JLT and Carrefour outlet in sharjah AL NADHA. Not extensive collection . But do provide ok variety.

    ReplyDelete
  22. For sure, day today in deira has essence make up as I too pick up from there. Alternatively, souq.com also sells essence. So you can order them too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks alot! Only because of your blog i was able to find essence.

    ReplyDelete
  24. whoever is still interested... in Sharjah next to Sharjah City Centre there is Al Bazaar shop and between Al Bazaar and Sharjah city centre there is Al Wahda gifts shop I guess. 2-3 min walking distance to each other.Both brands are displayed in both shops. in al bazaar more variety and more new products.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Today also found catrice and essence in good variety in Sahara Mall, 1 floor, RnB shop.

    ReplyDelete
  27. http://www.essence.eu/ar-en/store-finder/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Type your street name in uae n you get the store kists6

      Delete
  28. Where can i find in ajman essence cosmetics?

    ReplyDelete
  29. you can find essence in JLT as well but its only limited products as i understand.
    Carrefour express and Needs and wants in Cluster v

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! Please where can I find essence products near mall of the Emirates?

    ReplyDelete
  31. If you still have essence cosmetics we can wor together
    +971555497103
    Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. how long does loxa beauty take to arrive

    ReplyDelete