Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, July 13, 2015

Empties Part 2

Ramadan is about to finish and I thought during this time I'll have an ample of time to take photos and write posts here. But I was wrong. The time was just enough for me to get a proper rest and sleep. Then cook those dishes I can't easily cook when I had to work the whole day. I don't even have time to bake and I miss eating baked goodies. I tried taking photos while cooking but I can't handle doing both at the same time. Which makes me wonder how those food bloggers can handle that. Maybe for me someday when I'm no longer in this place. 

So for now my topic will not be about food or cooking. Just a second part of my empties post that other day. With the first part I mentioned that I cannot live without hand cream which is very evident here. I took photos before throwing them out. And I just can't believe how many products I finished in such a short period of time. Here they are. 
Hand Creams and Foot Cream. Until now I keep on trying different brands but only the affordable ones. Sometimes I am dying to try others with a very good aroma like the Bath and Body Works but it's beyond my budget. But I will see if ever they go on sale.
Eucerin Intensive Foot Cream ~ it is a German brand of skin care. In the UAE market it is available in Pharmacies like Aster and Boots. And the only foot cream in this post. This is less than 100AED and the most expensive foot cream I ever tried. The verdict? It was indeed a very good cream for the feet. But then feet is the most difficult skin part of the body that is so hard to maintain its softness. In short I need more products for the maintenance but then I can't always afford this price range that I had to stop. Right now I still use cream for my feet but only for the sake to keep it moisturized. But so hard to maintain the softness. I now buy only cheaper products but if you have money and time to take care of your feet then go ahead and try this Eucerin Intensive Foot Cream.
Sebamed Hand + Nail Balm ~ Sebamed is another German brand of skin care products. It is quite popular with baby skin care. As of the price range I'd say it is affordable if I were to compare with other brands in the Pharmacy. But it doesn't mean that this is inexpensive. This balm or cream is around 50AED. I forget the exact amount as it has been months ago. It is available in Lulu and Carrefour. I wonder why its called balm when its thinner than lotion. And I need thicker cream for my hands. But glad that now we have a lot of brands to choose from. A lot of affordable items are now available in the market. Being beautiful does not equate to having the most expensive product.
Corine de Farme Hand & Nail Cream ~ Corine de Farme is a French brand of skin care that falls into category of being affordable. In UAE it is available in Carrefour. They have a wide range of baby skin care and I'm now using most of it which I would gladly share in the days to come. This hand cream is no more than 20AED. I think it was 13AED to 15AED only. Claims to be paraben free and organic. It surprised me as most of the organic products I came across with are expensive that I don't bother with them. Good product and good price but I did not repurchase as I can see there's more in the market waiting for me to try them out. And this is not always available in Carrefour before I forget. They don't seem to replenish Corine de Farme items often.
Creme21 Moisturizing Cream ~ not sure if it is German brand or just made in Germany. I got it for only 7AED at Safeer Mall. Indeed the cheapest of them all. But this is my least favorite. It has a thin cream. Yeah my skin absorbs it well but it was so thin that I had to apply repeatedly  to achieve desired results. I was able to finish it in just a week or so. Good price but just so and so product. Will not repurchase again. 

That's all for now. And I hope this little post of mine helps. Can't wait to share the part 3. If ever I get around in doing that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment