Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

[Galderma] Benzoyl Peroxide Gel

Benzoyl Peroxide Gel
Price: 20.00AED @ Aster Pharmacy
Made in France
I had been reading a lot of blogs and write ups regarding whiteheads as I badly wanted them out of my nose for good. It has been said that actually whitehead and blackhead are mild forms of acne. And so if that is the case I take it that acne solutions will also work for whitehead. Because of that from using different kind of toners and facial cleansers my attention has shifted into finding a cure against acne. And one of the solutions being offered out there is using Benzoyl Peroxide. After a few days of thinking about it I finally went ahead and searched for it sometime in April. I found it at Aster Pharmacy in Dubai for only 20.00AED.
When I first try it I used other face products along with it. So during the first time I did not really notice anything. Or feel anything that I kept the product in my drawer. But alas last week of June I decided to take it out and use it. As I am already exhausting other products I have to fight the whiteheads but to no avail. Actually I'm trying hard to control the oil. Controlling the oil will lead me to be whitehead free nose, right?
Here's the list of ingredients for people who wants to know. Whatever it is that's written on the box is also written in the tube. While the photo below states the name and location of the company.
Directions.
And here is what I experienced the second time around of using it. I applied it for 2 consecutive nights. Without applying anything else on my face. I figure it will be better that way. Since the first time did not really work as there were layers of skin care products on my face.  Instead of applying in my nose only I was not able to avoid to spread some of the cream in some parts of my cheeks.

And what happened? The next day after the second night the first thing I noticed was my nose and near it was very red. It resembles to when I applied some blush on to my cheeks. I had to stop using blusher as it will look like as if I decided to use it on my nose too. It was fine with me. As there is a price for everything right? And I thought the redness will go away quickly but it did not. I read the manual later where it states that the user will experience redness and should avoid sun exposure. Redness then is the skin's natural reaction to the product. But seriously how can I avoid the sun exposure when it's extremely hot. After all it is summer in the Middle East. I should have use it on winter instead.

I have dry cheeks but even so my cheeks are soft to touch. What Benzoyl Peroxide Gel has done to my nose was it dried it out but not in a good way as the skin where I used the product was rough to touch. Imagine the asphalt. Imagine touching it. That's how I feel whenever I touch my nose. Although somehow it did managed to sort of close my pores. If there is such a thing. But that's how it looks like to me. It was able to minimize the oil from my nose. But it did not make me a 100% free from whiteheads. Now Benzoyl Peroxide is back in the drawer and I don't know when will I use it again or will I ever use it again. I should now accept that having a very oily nose full of whiteheads is natural. And no permanent solution. I will continue using nose strips but I must stay away from taking drastic measures like this one. 

On the other hand it got me thinking. That there is a possibility that they can create a pore minimizing product that really works. As Benzoyl Peroxide was able to do that for my nose. Maybe I could just try mixing this product with an oil controlling cream. Just maybe. Thanks for dropping by sweeties. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment