Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Bath And Body Works Hand Soaps

For the month of April I visited Bath and Body Works in MCC twice ~ both times I did not came out empty handed. Because both times there was an ongoing promotion. Yes I love Bath and Body Works but this is too expensive for me that I buy only when they are on sale. I wanted to talk to the SA but I was in a hurry. Instead I took my question to their Twitter account. BUT sadly I don't know why do they keep their SNS accounts when no one bother to answer the queries and questions of their supposed to be valued customers. They would not be where they are if not for customers. My question is what is their point in taking the number and name of customers when they stopped sending SMS a long time ago? I used to received SMS whenever they have an upcoming promo but it stopped after their GRAND SALE last January. If I did not stopped by at their shop I wouldn't known about their promotion. Is this a sign for me to stop shopping over there for good? 

Anyway this looks like another haul from Bath and Body Works after I told myself that I would stop buying items not unless I finished all the items that I have in the room. But then I can't help myself because these hand soaps were only 10AED. And the original price is 40AED per bottle. I wanted to try it out for a long time but I can't shell out 40AED just for this. Since I promised myself that it will be the first and last time I have taken 5 bottles. The two are not in the photos anymore as I started using them right away. 
These hand soaps have so many variants that I lost count anymore but I controlled myself so I did not end up getting all the variants. Initially I have chosen only Japanese Cherry Blossoms and Sea Island Cotton and was about to get some more Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy lotions which I'm planning to give as gift to friends. But unfortunately the Aromatherapy line's promotion was good for the first weekend of the month only. Instead the SA offered me the Aromatherapy Hand Soap which I was not aware of. I have taken only 2 bottles. I would have taken more only if I was not in a hurry. 
Japanese Cherry Blossoms ~ whenever the SA says that this is the most popular scent I don't dare to question them as even me this is my number 1 favorite. Even my friends love this scent that I got two bottles of the hand soap. One for me and one for my friend. 
It was my first time to pick up this Sea Island Cotton scent. I can't remember now the smell of it but I know that I chose this because this is not overly sweet unlike the other scents. Haven't use it yet. Maybe next month. I'm just finishing first the bottle that I have in the bathroom.
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Hand Soap ~ didn't even know this line has a hand soap. And I did not notice it. The SA suggested it to me when I returned the Aromatherapy line lotion upon finding out that it is no longer in a promo. 

Admittedly I'm using the Aromatherapy Hand Soap as body wash. But before doing so I asked Google to see/check if other people aside from me are doing it? Don't roll your eyes on me please. All my life I had been using bar soap on my body and I was fine with that. I switched from bar soap to body wash only less than a year ago because I read somewhere that body wash is advisable for people with a very dry skin. And I'm one of those people with insanely dry skin.

After months of using a body wash I'd say there's no actually difference from using a bar soap. Except that body wash feels luxurious. And smells great. That taking a shower using a body wash feels like giving myself a reward after working hard. But the problem with body wash is that it is so expensive. And the great smell does not last long. As you have to rinse yourself. As of dry skin? It is in control now as I'm using body moisturizers night and day. Sometimes even on lunch break I'll put on a moisturizer all over my body. So body wash is not really the answer. Good moisturizer is the answer. And not forgetting about it.

What I'm trying to say is ~ as I need to control my expenses to save money and live simply I stopped stocking up body wash. What I'm currently using are bottles I purchased when there was a sale last year from various shops. I'm just finishing them before going back to bar soap again. But then if these hand soaps can be used as body wash then it will be a win-win situation for me. I would not need to give up on smelling the scent I love on my body while taking a shower but at the same time I would not have to shell out a fortune. If I will use the 4 bottles of hand soaps that I have as body wash I think it will last for a few months more. Just in time again till the shop has another promotion as low as this. But anyway I'm still observing what will happen. But so far so good. I'm just a little ashamed to tell my friends about it as they might find it weird. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment