Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Why I became crazy to South Korean Skin Care

I had been hearing/reading the name Lee Min Ho but I don't know why it didn't capture my interest back then. The same way that I had been seeing Big Bang in my FB home feed. Maybe I was too busy? That I didn't even ask Google? I am not too sure what am I doing back then. Anyhow, fast forward 2013 when I downloaded Boys Over Flower. And please don't judge me as that is the only way for me to have a copy. I have done so because they told me how cute the series was. But then the copy has been in my external disk for months before I finally decided to watch it. I think it was between late 2013 to early 2014. Boom! I realized that I really was living under the rock for such a long time. It turned out that Boys Over Flower is South Korean version of my beloved Meteor Garden. And my oh my only then I understood why were women of all ages go crazy over him. After watching Boys Over Flower I downloaded again handful of Korean Dramas.
 
Between 2014 to early 2015 I can't remember anymore just how many Korean Dramas I had seen. At some point I had to stop not because I'm not enjoying watching them anymore but because I spent nights awake trying to finish a series which is not actually healthy at all. 2016 came and seems like there are less and less torrents available and I don't know why. Anyway out of all the Korean Dramas I have seen there's one thing that I noticed with all the Korean actors. They have radiant skin. And no not because they have a white skin. Almost all Filipino actors do have white skin. And so Americans. British. Europeans. But I was drawn into the skin of Korean actors. Their skin looks dewy but not in oily yucky way. They have the skin that I only dream of. Seems like whiteheads in the nose and sun spots are unheard and uncommon in South Korea.
 
Needless to say I was introduced to South Korean Skin Care products because of that. I thought I too would have that kind of skin if I will be using the products they are using. Aside from the skin care products I purchased some make up too. Well I also like Japanese products but here in UAE it is easier to get Korean products than Japanese products. And the prices are quite lower too. I think the only Japanese skin care line in Dubai is the ever expensive SK-II. I'm sharing only 5 products in one photo. As my other products are stashed somewhere in the room.
The FaceShop Rice Ceramide Moisturizer
Secret Key Essence
Skinfood Peach Pore Sake Serum
Skinfood Tomato Emulsion
Skinfood Peach Pore Sake Toner
Initial impression: Almost all the products are tempting because of cute packaging, colors and names. And sometimes because of the models too even though I don't know their names at all. Those product names and supposed to be ingredients sound like a break through or something like that in the world of skin care. Their constant use of words nature too helps quite a bit. Now what did I get from using Korean skin care products for more than a year now?

Well my main concern is the never ending white heads on my nose. I guess sometimes men cannot really go against nature. Because naturally our noses secrete oil the most in our face so when there is an oil then having white heads can be inevitable. Products can only hold off the oil for a few hours but not totally discard the white heads. It is in control but then I can't really attribute it to the usage of Korean skin care products.

Please don't get me wrong I'm not going to bash the Korean skin care products nor the Korean skin care regime. What I'm trying to say is they are GOOD but being good does not mean they are the BEST in the whole world. But I still use them or will buy them because as they are fun to use. The good thing that came out of all of this is now I have a hydrated and supple skin. In spite of some issues are still there. Their regime can be confusing and overwhelming at first but you'll be fine once you get used to it. I'm just a little bit busy with other tidbits in my life but soo I will be sharing about the South Korean Skin Care Regime and whatever products I own. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment