Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Upcoming vacation and Empties ♚

I created this blog to serve as my online diary. Where I can keep a record of my life as an OFW here in the UAE. And of course where I can vent out all my rants/issues/problems that I can't easily share with families and friends. But nowadays I don't rant much. Instead I had been sharing either beauty products or just little tidbits. That is because I'm trying so hard to be positive. Especially now that I am about to do something major in my life. 

This July 16, 2016 marks my 10th anniversary since I left the Philippines. The day I landed UAE for the first time. And oh, how I almost cry when I experienced how hot it was. Yeah I know Philippines is a hot country too but at least there is a rain. And even if it is hot the water is cold that you can just take a shower. And beaches tend to be cool too. 

All those years I focused on working. It has been all work and no play. Not even taking a vacation on my home country not until my beloved grandfather passed away ~ and every time this memory can bring a tear to my eye. This is the only thing that can make me cry nowadays. But after working hard all these years I just feel empty and sometimes I wonder what really is my purpose on this earth? And why I am still alive?

For the first time in a decade, I will be taking a vacation that will last up to 40 days. There's always a first time in everything. I never really took a vacation this long. Except my 2 days off. Holidays which was less than 10 days in a year and if the management choose to be crazy they'll take away that from us. My longest vacation was a year ago and it didn't even last up to one month. So this long overdue vacation is really a big deal to me.

And no I will not go in my home country. I will be somewhere else. On my own. Alone. I'm more of excited than thinking about the bad things that could happen. As we all know seems like no country is safe anymore with the terrorism that's happening all over the world. But I couldn't care less. Because finally this is the time for myself. This is my reward. And so if something bad happens at least I get to enjoy this life of mine even just a little. Even in the most simple things. I don't pray. But this time I'm praying that embassy will grant me a visa.

It is still 3 months to go before my upcoming vacation. And maybe I will apply for a visa next month or on June. Actually I wanted to apply for a visa as soon as possible in that way if they reject me I can still plan for another trip somewhere else. This is the thing that sucks if you are holding a Philippine passport. You need visa to enter so many countries. And preparing documents is not that easy. If they will approve the visa I'd book a flight right away while some flights are still on sale. And the ticket I will present to the embassy is just a dummy from a travel agency.

And so while I'm waiting for that trip to materialize I keep on cleaning the flat. Decluttering the place. And since I'm decluttering, all my posts will be all about skin care products. I've gone crazy since 2014 and accumulated so much. Girl Problems. But I can see myself totally abandoning purchasing make up and other products soon. But for now here are the products I will be sharing some time as I already have them and just need to finish them off:

No comments:

Post a Comment