Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The EFFECT of promotions and my Reebok Shoes..

I'm trying my level best to be frugal. Save money. Be minimalist. Simple living. I don't need another shoes. But relax, I did not purchase this Reebok Shoes. This was a gift for me. I am not sharing it to brag. But I just want to tell something about UAE life through this shoes. 

There seem to be a sale or promotion every month across the UAE. For example this shoes the original price was 285AED but since it was on sale the price then became 49AED. What I am trying to say is this promotion can be good or bad but the control is in the person. 

For the last 8 years I had been living a frugal life by buying what I need only. During those times promotion has been a big help for me since I buy whatever I need and when only they are on sale. But then when I decided to give in to my lust over material possessions then promotion is more of a disadvantage than an advantage for me because I kept on buying items since they are on sale. Wasting money, space and time in the long run. 

I still have unused make up and skin care products. And in spite of the brands I used I still have the same skin complexion. And the skin problems won't go away. Sigh. Right now I'm finishing them off and swear to never buy again. 

But that crazy shopping spree lasted for only a year and half. I learned my lesson. Learned it in a hard way. When I was not able to go on vacation last year because I wasted too much money. I would not mind receiving another gift again though. But spend? Nah, I'll skip.

No comments:

Post a Comment