Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Friday, April 22, 2016

Empty Bottle 6: Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash

And here I am with another empties post series. I found this bottle the other day I can't remember anymore why I still have it as I emptied it more than a year ago. So I have taken photos before throwing it away.
 
Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash
Facial Wash
Price: not more than 50AED

As I have said this is already an old bottle. And let me share the story behind this. Before circa 2014 I had been using facial wash like Ponds and Loreal. Then I got tired of it because no matter how I clean my face I always have white heads on my nose. Yes those white heads made me spent a fortune as I tried so hard to banish them for good. So after Ponds and Loreal I switched to RDL face soap but still nothing happened.
 
Then I came across some write ups saying that white heads actually are acne or pimples and so I thought anything can cure an acne can cure the white heads too. And it has been told that an oil free face wash is good for acne. And it has Salicylic Acid. So as soon as I saw this Neutrogena on discount, but I can't remember anymore the price before and after the discount. I bought it without blinking. Even though that time I was the type who would not spent more than 30AED just for a face wash.

Results?: It dried out my skin and upon smelling it I feel like drowning (and some sensation I can't understand and I can't stand). I would not mind the drying part as I can splash some moisturizer on my face but then it did not help me out with my little friends on my nose. I still have to use nose strips twice a week to lessen them. I was able to finish this bottle in spite of my dislike to as I used it alternately with some other gentle wash. But I vowed never again with this brand. Or any brands claiming to fight off acne.
And that's all for now.
Thanks for dropping by.
Till my next post again.
With stories about my quest in having a perfect skin in spite of having a tight budget ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment