Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Empty Bottle 4: VS Sheer Love Body Mist

Victoria's Secret Body Mist Sheer Love
White Cotton and Pink Lily
Price Old Packaging: 70.00AED
Price New Packaging: 85.00AED
Made in USA

Sorry can't find any better photos than this. I guess empty bottle or any bottle is quite harder to capture in photos than other items. Anyway this is the continuation of my Empty Bottle Post Series. First of all I am not exactly crazy about perfumes or body mists from Victoria's Secret. Last year when I made a purchase from the shop for me to get the items in much lower price I have chosen to buy in bundle. Simply put last year any Victoria's Secret Fantasy Line product costs 70AED and that is expensive, right? But they have bundle options that you can get 3 items for 145AED or you can get 5 items for 200AED. And so I have chosen the latter. So my haul last year from Victoria's Secret was body butter, body lotion, body cream, body wash and body mist. And there are other shops out there too that offers VS body mists in much lower price than getting it directly from a VS Beauty Store. One of those shops is the Xpression Style at Safeer Mall.

In short I purchased Victoria's Secret body mist just to try it out. Nothing more, nothing less. Then I became a little obsessed with body mists not particularly from Victoria's Secret only this year. When by accident I found out that body mist is a good room and clothes spray. For the longest time I don't know what to do in this small flat as every time I cook the smells hung in the walls, curtains and the clothes. I have given up on air fresheners as expensive they are but totally useless as their scents last for a few seconds only and the food smell overpowers it. I tried using a Bath and Body Works body mist and voila! It seemed to solve the 'smell' problems. 
Bath And Body Works body mist lasts longer than Victoria's Secret body mist and I'm sorry because I don't have much brands of body mist here and so I can only compare these two brands that happened to be from the same company. I'm not too sure how long did I use this bottle as I would use it every time, every chance I have even if I am not cooking. Well because the smell from other flats goes in here too like if a neighbor is smoking or worst cooking fish in wee hours of the morning. And I used it alternately with other BBW mists which would be the next in my Empties Post Series some other time. I was not able to take a photo properly of Ingredients for those who are interested, I tried but to no avail.
Let me just share that this body mist in Xpression Style at Safeer Mall costs only 39.75AED. While at the Centrepoint across the UAE they are offering it for 55.00AED. And in the V Brand Gallery in Dubai Outlet Mall they are selling it for 53.00AED. Some small shops carry it too like Giant Store or Manila Grocery Store in Ajman. I'm just not sure about their prices. And this month Xpression Style has a promo of buy 3 pieces for only 99.00AED. Victoria's Secret did not phase out body mist. What they have done is put it in new packaging and sell it in a higher price. They can do so as they can get away with it. Maybe a flock of customers would still support it though. Yeah, I am bitter with the price increase. Because I love Sheer Love and I would not mind buying another bottle again. But with the price increase when I finished all the bottles of my body mists time for me again to move and look for another brand that hopefully cheaper.

What I like about Victoria's Secret body mist ~ the smell is subtle. Not too strong to set off my headache. But when I use it for my closet and clothes the smell lasts longer. And I'm using this as well for the bedsheets and pillow cases. But unfortunately for the curtains and as a room spray I can't say the same as it lasts for only an hour. And I would need to keep on reapplying them again. Which is not affordable in the long run as I would be needing a lot of it. But even so I'd say it is still much better than an air freshener. But anyway I still have other scents of body mist from Victoria's Secret that I am using now and observing if they will be the same as Sheer Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment