Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Monday, April 18, 2016

Empty Bottle 3: VS Deep Softening Body Butter Sheer Love


When I was trying to take photos for this post; I was not aiming for a creative photography as I have given up on that I was just trying to get a clear and clean photos. And I already set my camera into Auto Mode. So anyway as I was taking snap shots the more I realized that this little room has so many items that has became a clutter. I ran out of good space where I can put the product and take a photo without too many things in the background. Hence, I am in the right path of using whatever I have and not buying anything until every thing has been cleared up. 

As I have said a few days ago I sort of joined the band wagon of people posting their empty bottles as a way to track down their success of emptying their space towards to simple living. This is not only for well off people because even dirt poor people like me can also have a tendency to own a lot of items. Accumulated in so many ways. Today's Empty Bottle post is about Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Body Butter and I know that I had been talking about it since October as this is my holy grail.
I remember this tube as this was my very first body butter and it has been given to me as a gift ~ don't know what I have done to receive such a gift. But I am thankful. This was the door for me to Victoria's Secret Beauty Store World. As of this writing I don't think you can still find it anywhere as this has been discontinued and beats me if I know why? Maybe this has a low sale or something. You might find some at online shops like Ebay or Amazon but for sure there will be a high price to pay. Sad.
You can see how I emptied the tube that I really love it and I used it up ~ up to the last bit. I know that scent depends from a person's preference. But I happen to love this scent. This is called Sheer Love. Said to be made out of white cotton and pink lily. But I can't remember if I had seen a pink lily before. I had been living here in the UAE for a decade now and if you must know I see tall buildings and sands mostly than trees and flowers. Anyhow this body butter smells floral to me in a good way. I mean it is not too strong to trigger my migraine. But strong enough to stay for a few hours. When I use it before I go to sleep the smell still lingers when I wake up and about to take a shower.
Victoria's Secret Deep Softening Body Butter. To be perfectly honest the claim is true that somehow it helps to have a soft skin but as of moisturizing agents you can find other brands superior than this in cheaper price. But what makes me love it than those better and cheaper brands is the consistency. This is as thick as a mousse but goes soft on skin and sinks in immediately. No greasy or watery feeling that lotions give. So you can wear your clothes immediately and you won't feel any discomfort. I haven't found any other brands that can work like that except this one. In finding a product like this I spent money again as I purchased from Bath And Body Works, The Face Shop, Dirty Works and good old Tati Department Store. And those brands were a let down. Nothing came close to its consistency. Well BBW almost came close but with issues. BBW has an overly sweet scent that ignites my migraine so I can't use it much and it has been sitting in my drawer for weeks now.
Shea and Jojoba Butters ~ this is very common and I see this in all the body moisturizers out there that it boggles me why other brands has to be watery compared to this? I should take a photos soon and post so you will see and understand. And I love to use it whether it is summer or winter. Anyway the winter here lasts up to 2 months only. And I don't even need to wear a jacket during those times. As of the price: used to be 70AED but I did not spend 70AED on all the tubes of Deep Softening Body Butter I own as all the purchased I made was during a promotion. I maybe crazy about it but still I'm careful in spending my hard earned money.
That's all for now.
Thanks for visiting my page.
Till my next empties post.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment