Love

"Whenever I watch romantic movies, witness couples kiss and make up, listen to love songs.. I smile and feel good 'cause I know that love still works, if not for me, at least to others." - Ally McBeal

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Empty Bottle #130: Bath & Body Works Sky 🌸

2014 when I switched from bar soap to shower gels because I read somewhere that shower gels are actually good for someone with extremely dry skin. And because it was the peak of the hoarding phase of my life that I purchased a lot of shower gels. That the shower gels I purchased and/or used for the last 2 years reached up to 30 bottles or more.
My 130th bottle for my Pan Project is called Bath & Body Works Sky (Violet Lily). I have taken photos of the back of the bottle for those who are interested to see the ingredients and other details of this shower gel. Anyway I bought this during sale for only 20.00AED and sadly as much as I want to describe the scent, I can no longer remember it. But when it comes to Bath & Body Works the only scent that remains in my memory is the sweetness. I am granted that the said brand has so many scents to choose from: still there is this undeniably sweetness like a sugar. That overwhelms all the other scents of the product.
Mid 2016 when I started my Pan Project and since then I used all the shower gels on my stash. Without buying something new. And after a year I am glad to say that it is a success. It has been a year since the last time I bought a shower gel and no plans so far of buying another one again even if it goes on sale. 
Products from Bath & Body Works does not come cheap if they are not on sale. But during promotions they become affordable. If you want to buy just to try it out then it is okay. But for everyday use if you have a migraine then I will not suggest it as the sweetness can trigger the headache. If you really want to use shower gels instead of bar soaps then I would suggest go and buy the affordable ones from supermarket. Because whether it is cheap or expensive the end results are the same. 
So that's all for now. As I look into my stash to see what are the items I can finish before the month ends...

And speaking of sweetness: I was surprised that even though I do not eat a lot of sweet food, still my sugar/glucose counts sometimes are as high as 110. And it is quite scary because that is very near to the number of what the doctor will consider as someone with diabetes 2. Well I remember about it since I mentioned that Bath & Body Works products are too sweet. And so with this for the last week I had been drinking my Japanese green tea without sugar and milk. Also I started drinking plain coffee too. Again with no milk and sugar. Maybe I will drink a coffee with sugar and milk only once a week until such time that I can totally get it out of my system. It is not easy. But then I do not want to further damage my system. 

I eat vegetables minimally. But maybe that one will also change this week. Maybe I have to  get used to eating vegetables as if I am only eating chips or french fries. Getting healthy is not the easiest thing on earth. But maybe once I shift to this so called healthy eating that it will affect my skin condition too. You know I have dry skin no matter what is the season. That is why I use a lot of skin moisturizers. And dry skin was the reason why I started using shower gels and came to the point of hoarding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment